ch.7

The Musashi Festival, an event that takes place every year from the 3rd of August to the 17th of August. I had originally planned on going with Mikey on the 3rd but that changed.

Hina and I had gone out shopping the day before for a new kimono since my other one was ruined at the last festival. Thankfully, the festival is within walking distance from your apartment. It wasn't too far away thankfully.

Changing into my kimono, I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before heading out.

Slipping on my sandals, I began to walk towards the festival. Arriving at the steps, I began to walk up them. The closer I got to the top, the more butterflies erupted in my stomach.

Looking up, I seen a familiar blonde head of locks. Walking closer, I soon realised that it was Mikey. "Hey Mikey." I said greeting him.

"Oh, (Y/n)-" Mikey said taking a minute to take in my outfit. Looking at my kimono, he stared in awe of my beauty.

"Come on, the fireworks will be starting soon." I said beginning to walk through the festival. Passing by stall which held lanterns above.

"Try your arm and win a prize for your girlfriend."

Turning around to see who was talking, you saw that it was a shooting range. "Let's try it out." I said heading over to the stall. Mikey paid 500¥ for 5 goes at the game.

Lining up the shot, he missed the target but only by an inch. Trying 3 more times, he continued to miss but only by the slightest bit.

It was now Mikeys last shot, lining up the shot perfectly, he hit the target and knocked over the box. "Wow, I'm impressed young one. But here..." The man said and handed out a blue teddy.

"Here, it's for you." Mikey said with a closed eyed smile as he handed me the teddy bear. "Thank you." I said returning the smile.

"Attention everyone, the firework display will soon commence."

"Come on, I don't want to miss them." I said taking hold of Mikeys hand as we both ran towards where the firework display was.

Arriving on a small ledge, I looked out upon the fireworks display. "Wow..." I said in awe of the fireworks.

"(Y/n)?" Mikey asked. "Yeah? What's up?" You asked turning your head towards Mikey.

As the explosion went off behind the both of you, you heard what Mikey had said to you but it was faint.

"Long time no see." I said with a smile. I was wearing black clothing and saw Takemichi in the garden of the Funeral Home.

He was much older now, then again. It has been 12 years. "(Y/n)?" Takemichi asked in shock as you walked over to him. "You're here for Hina too huh?" I asked standing beside him.

"I-I can't believe it... she died right in front of me." Takemichi said as he began to sob. Pulling him in for a hug, I gave him a comforting hug.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault. But I do know who's fault it was." I said whispering into Takemichis ear.

"Yeah... Tetta Kisaki." Takemichi said boiling with rage. "If only we could go back. I can still remember what Mikey said to me that day at the Musashi Festival as we watched the fireworks." I said pulling away from the hug as I remembered what Mikey said to you that night.

"I... I love you!"

"Listen to me... we never had this conversation okay? Kisaki is the enemy. Draken's on death row. And now I'm-"

"Mrs. Tetta?"

Before you could say another word to Takemichi, I suddenly heard the sound of my personal body guard.

"We need to go ma'am. Your husband requests to see you." They said as I broke away from the hug.

"Please... save every one, Takemitchy." I said with a hopeful look as I turned around to my body guards.

Walking away from Takemichi, I took one last glance at Akkuns grave before I was taken away in the car. Not speaking a word the whole car journey, I just stared out the window.

The fear of my husband was greater than anything I had felt in the world ever. Arriving at our house, I locked the door again before they could open it.

"Ma'am, unlock the door."

Holding the lock button, I didn't even look out the window at your awaiting husband who stood at the front door of our house.

"No, I'm not going." I said as you're phone began to ring in your bag. Taking it out, I recognised the number. Taking a deep breath, I answered the phone.

"If you don't get out of that car. Then I'll set off the bomb attached to you." Kisaki said holding the remote to the bomb which was strapped to my chest.

Ripping the collar of my dress, I began to see the bomb which had been strapped to my chest.

"You don't have the balls." I said to my husband through the phone. Looking out the window, I could see his smile as he pressed the button yet nothing happened.

Kisaki continued to press the button yet, nothing had happened. "You asshole. I have the remote right here." I said on the phone. "Do it then. See how far you'll get bitch." Kisaki said.

Ever since I made that decision 12 years ago, I never knew how much it would impact on my life. I neglected my friends, watch countless die and now my best friends both Hina and Akkun had been killed by this man.

"I'll see you in hell you asshole!" I said. "Don't you dare set that off!" Kisaki said as he ran towards the car. Hitting the button, I smiled as I realised that all my pain and suffering would be finally over.

No matter how much you had wanted to escape the pain, it would never go away. Countless attempts you had tried to make contact with Mikey yet... it was all pointless.

Feeling the bomb beginning to explode, I died with a smile on my face as my suffering was now finally over.

I could now... rest in peace.
______________________________

A/n: sorry for the short chapter. Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter❤️