Chapter 26

Noel

"Christa," I called her coming up to the room where I had left her to sort the things out.

"Hey, are you done?" I asked leaning against the door as she was standing with a box in her hand.

"Yeah, it's a lot of stuff but I'm done. Someone from the organization will come and collect everything up tomorrow." She informed as she wrapped up something in a box.

"Tired?" She nodded to me to my question. She looked worn out, ready to call it a day.

"Just want to go home and lay down for a bit." She added giving me a sad smile. Now I was sure she was dead tired from all the work I had put her on today.

"No problem. Do you want me to drop you?" I didn't want her going alone. It was the least I could do with how all she had helped me today.

"No, I have just a small little shopping to do on the way back home for personal things. Hence, I would just get them and drive up to my home." She informed me hence I didn't insist on her this.  Soon she left leaving me alone to complete the rest of the work. I was selling off this house.

I had no regrets over it now. I was done with this house but I still had to check everything. This house has been a shrine so I had never touched anything. However, I was now selling off this house I had to make sure that nothing too personal went out of my hands.

I checked all the rooms and drawers, I didn't spare any part of the house whether it was the kitchen or the storeroom. I always had a knack to keep things here and there years back now not so much. It was always better to check than worry later on. I didn't want anyone to have a personal part of me anymore.

I entered the small room between the staircase and the doorway. I had no idea what was inside that room but I still decided to check it. Entering inside there wasn't a working light in the room and it would be a lie that I didn't feel a bit spooked out. Turning on the torch for my phone I looked around. It was a room filled with too much dust and no window at all.

There was nothing but a few boxes. With a very careful step, I picked out the boxes and brought them out in the light. I knew it was going to be nothing but a waste. However, I didn't want anything to go unlooked and I didn't know if the room was in the first place. Seven boxes later the room was almost empty.

Rummaging through the box I found newspapers, a few candles, and a matchbox. In another box were a few broken vases and rags. I went in for the last box and as I picked it up I saw a bag behind it. Rather than making another round for it I just put it over the box. With the phone light I looked for anything left unnoticed and there was nothing but dust.

The bag was covered with dust making me sneeze again and again. I almost dropped it as sneeze after sneeze took over me. Holding it with my fingers I waited until my sneezes stop with my other hand over my mouth and nose before looking into it.

Rather than putting my hand in I decided to empty it on the floor but I couldn't take another fit of a sneeze.

The contents of the bag fell to the floor and I stood there looking at the things until the realization that the clothes that fell out of the bag were splashed with blood. Bending down to my knees I picked up the cloth. It was a white shirt covered with blood. Turning it inside out I looked at the labels and it really wasn't mine. The size was small for me but more than that what was a shirt like this doing here.

Whose blood was this?

I picked up the black masks that I had fell out of the bag. there were two of them. Another shirt, this one too bloodied and not mine. I knew it wasn't mine. None of this was mine but whose.