Chapter 2

Allison

I was going to kill someone if this horrible sound didn't come to an end. I groaned between my sheets, pulled the pillow over my head to have to not hear more of that fucking blaring sound that belonged to my alarm.

The alarm did I just say alarm. Fucking Shit!

I threw off the pillow and covers off me and was out of the bed like a bolt hit me. 

"You are a fucking idiot Ally" I reminded myself while running through the room and my alarm still blaring that annoying sound. I just want to pick it up and throw it down the window. I rushed for bath before my mind and hand  would really made me do that. Twenty minutes, these twenty minutes of the freaking shower were really going to cost me a bad first impression. I looked at the clock only to have its hands taunt at me that I was going to be late. I rushed dressing in the clothes that I had laid out last night. Thank god to Lana for reminding me again and again to have them out. I slipped in my flats while picking up my heels to wear later on. I rushed out of the house with my bag, files, and freaking heels.

 "Kill me for being this disorganized people" I muttered under my breath as I waited for the lift to reach my floor. God it was the third floor only, how much time was this fucking old lift gonna take. Before I could start my usual cursing it reached my floor. As soon as the doors open I rushed in while making sure to push the button for the lobby as a maniac.

"You know it won't travel any faster from you pushing that button," A voice said from beside me making me yell like a scary cat. With all my things in one hand and the other over my heart, I looked at the girl who was beside me but now standing far. Soft blonde curls with an angelic face she smiled at me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Well I can tell you that her voice was sweet and angelic. I stared at her, admiring the beauty. I bet this girl could be a freaking model or a beauty queen.

"Running Late?" She questioned with raised brows resulting me to snap out of my admiring mode.

"Like a hell of a late with a dangling bad first impression hanging over my head." I huffed out in frustration.

"I don't think it will turn out bad with you looking extremely professional," She told me and I relaxed a bit. We reached the lobby and walked out quick.

"Thanks, I really hope today's go good," I really prayed for it to happen. 

"It will," she said as we stood on the sidewalk while I waited for a freaking empty cab to come. I looked for one only to be disappointed. Why me? Why can't I have all things go right for me on an important day for me?  

"Hey, come on you need to go." The elevator girl said to me with a hand over a cab and door open.

"You don't need it?" I asked quickly

"I don't have to rush to make a good first impression. Now, you go and rock the day." She cheered.

"Thank you!" I rushed inside the cab pushing all my things inside. 

"I am sorry I am Allison, friends call me Ally and you can call me that too." I hastily said.

"I am Christine from flat no. 404 now we will talk later, drop by the evening and right now rush in. You have less time to waste and best of luck!" she was so freaking right. We said bye as the cab drove off. I quickly repeated the address of my new office which I have mugged up hard. Life was so simple four years back with Lana, Rick and everyone else in Florida. Things changed and I did too. Life wasn't fun and games now, I eventually had to grow up and I did. I graduated with my degree in public relations that I dropped in between. I really studied and graduated, it was at times so hard to believe. I moved to New york after Lana's wedding and studied there and now I am here in Seattle to start my life in my new job which was really not much. I just hope not to mess it up. Eric wanted me to start up with his firm but I just wanted to stand on my own legs without favors from anyone. Thanks to God I reached my office building Speculum. Paying the driver I showed my batch to the guards and rushed in. I walked quickly towards the elevators. A man got inside it alone and pushed the button while I yelled to stop. That fucking idiot didn't hear me or was full on ignoring. So I ran towards it and before the gates could close, I  pushed my hands between them and had it opened again.