Chapter 30

Allison

I was tired both physically and emotionally. The truth about Christa and Noel's tragedy was not something I could just walk out off. Especially not after what had happened to Christa. There was something that I could compare with the pain she had gone through. It was hard to even imagine.

Even what Noel had gone through made me release that the bitterness inside of him was just nothing but a result of the betrayals he had to face. The questioning eyes and pointing fingers of loved ones hurt more than that of the rest of the world. I was thankful to God that I haven't been tested like that yet because I know that deep down, I would break uncontrollably.

Once again, I knocked on Christa's door. I should have brought some clothes with me to stay overnight. I really didn't want to leave her alone after all that had happened. I frowned seeing that the door was still locked. I knocked once again.

Did they leave? I checked my phone looking for any messages from them. There wasn't any. I was sure that it wasn't more than half an hour since I left. All I had was a quick shower and a cup of coffee.

Maybe I should just call Christa and ask her.

The phone rang and at the same time the door opened. Dolores stood there stiff behind Christa as she opened the door. Everyone seemed to be tense. I stepped inside the house with everyone's eyes on me.

Even Alex and Noel were staring at me. I looked at myself and my clothes. There was nothing wrong with me or my clothes.

"What is it?" I mumbled having all of them stare at anything else. They weren't even looking at each other but in plain blind spots.

"Is anyone going to tell me anything?" I asked frustratingly.

"Its nothing," Christa was the first one to speak up.

"It's something," Dolores followed her, and I looked at the two others to know if were they going to speak too.

"Just tell me whatever it is," I spoke as Noel and Alex stood in the corner doing nothing but staring at all of us.

"You slept with Adam," Dolore spoke calmly, and Christa gave her a hard stare.

"Yes, and you both told me it was fine," I replied looking at the both.

"No one got any problems with that," Dolores's eyes averted towards Noel. "However, we would like your help related to this," she added making me look at them with confusion. How could my one-night stand be of any help to them and that too with Adam? I looked at the confusingly.

"I can't understand and I surely can't read minds so you will have to be a little elaborate Dolores," I waited for an explanation for them but everyone was just looking at each other.

"We want you to call him," Christa was the first one to speak.

"And ask him to come back home," Dolores followed her. When she stopped my eyes turned to the men in the room waiting for them to speak.

"Aren't you going to add more to it?" I questioned and both looked as if rats were caught stealing cheese.

"Why would he come back home on my call? I mean I'm not even that close to him," I said turning towards them. "And this time please say it one go what you want to speak. Like ripping a band-aid and fast. I assure you this suspense and pauses are actually annoying by a lot."

Christa just looked at me and then at Dolores. Both of them were looking at each other and seemed to be having a silent conversation. Noel on the other hand walked to God knows where in the house with Alex following him.