Chapter 34

Noel

I looked at Allison as she walked inside her house turning around. From my glimpse of her, she was nothing less of a mess, especially in her shorts and top. My eyes fell upon Adam who had his eyes fixed on Allison's back as she walked inside.

I heard the voice of a door closing shut from inside the apartment, which wasn't subtle. She had banged the door shut.

"What's happening, here?" Adam asked with his head looking at us and back inside the house.

"Allison," he called out her name but came back no reply.

"Let's talk inside," Dolores came to the front. "We need to have a conversation with you and I don't think it would be suitable to do it here in the hall."

"No. No.... wait," Adam spoke up. "I'm not getting inside until someone explains to me what is happening. What is he doing here," his finger was pointed at me.

"It affected him too," Christine's words just added to his confusion.

"Whatever it is you, have got it wrong. None of you were affected by what happened three years back. I've got nothing to say to you," he took a step into the apartment as I looked around the floor. There were many doors on the floor and if this didn't stop here it would draw in a lot of drama. I looked at Alex who stood there with his fits closed. I knew he wanted to draw the truth out of him by nook or crook. Christine and Dolores stood where they were while Adam was on his way to shut the door.

I didn't think twice as I moved towards Adam.

"Especially to you," he pointed as I moved towards him. The anger building up in me for so long was on the verge of exploding. He was moving too much, it felt like his finger pointing at me was mocking me. Moving right up to him I pushed him back inside the apartment.

"Hey," he yelled at me but I didn't let the anger over his face affect me. My arm shot right up to his neck pushing him against the wall as my fist raised in a punch.

"Noel," I could hear them yelling my name but I didn't care. Everyone was suffering one way or another because of something that happened three years back. How could he say that it didn't affect us at all that casually?

"No fights in this house!" I heard Allison yelling from inside the apartment. My eyes turned towards where the voice was coming from, I waited for her to open the door but it didn't.

"Easy Noel," Alex said prying my arm away from Adam's neck and I let him. Adam stood there perplexed with what was happening.

"Noel, calm down and then talk," Dolores suggested taking a step in between me and Adam.

"I didn't come here for this," Adam snapped trying to move past me, and Dolores but one look from me had him still.

"We know what you came here for but first you need to answer our questions," Dolores answered turning around. "I can assure you if you don't comply, I will make you regret even stepping foot in the States.," she added. Adam looked around and I could see that he was assessing the situation. It was four against one.

"Ask me whatever you want but I need a coffee first and maybe a little bit of talk with Allison if you don't mind," It looked like he was complying with us.

"I mind," Christine objected looking Adam dead in the eyes. Shutting the door, Christine walked inside the apartment separating us from the outside world.

"We are first going to talk about what happened three years back and then you can have your little conversation with Alisson if she feels like it." She moved inside the house and soon I heard the shuffling of utensils. Everyone's head was turned toward where Christine had disappeared. The expression on everyone's face told me that what we actually heard was right.