Chapter 27

Allison

I looked at both of them from the balcony. They both had tears in their eyes and pain on their face. It was hard to even digest what had happened to both of them. 

Together they had put the pieces back of the memory that was once lost to both of them. Christa had explained how she might have ended up like she was while Noel had explained how she ended up being in the bed with him. The hazy memories and the suspecting things that had been found by Noel pointed to the only thing which was that Richard and his brother had been the ones to do all this. 

Christa, crazy obsessive ex-Jayce, had hurt her when she had run away from all her past habits and him. Richard had wanted Cheryl and he had helped in drugging Christa. I was sure that they might have done the same with Noel too. Both the brothers were fucked up and just hearing all that they had put out on the table made me want to puke my guts out. It was too much for someone like me to handle. 

The realisation that they both had to go through this made me want to break some bones. The anger in me wanted to escape but there was nowhere to put it out. Right now all I could do was be there for both of them.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I moved right to where Christa was. Her tears had dried up but her eyes were swelled up. She looked up at me and I could see the tiredness in her eyes that had turned red. 

"I'm going... to be fine," her lips trembled as she replied. "It's just going to take some time." Noel stood up and went out to the balcony abruptly, making Christa and I look at him. 

"Everything will be fine. Why don't you go and rest for a bit? You are really tired after everything," I suggested but her eyes were on Noel. She would surely deny it because of him.

"I can't leave him-," 

"Don't worry I will be there for him," I cut her off. She just stared at me when she realized that I wasn't going to give up. She succumbed to our staring match. Slowly she got up and walked to her room. Noel on the other hand was hanging out on the balcony. I had no idea how to approach him. For years he had been looking for answers and no they were right there in front of him.

I had no idea what he was feeling inside. He was not much more than a broken man. I didn't know how to approach him but I knew very well that he needed time.

When I saw Christa sobbing in her car for a moment I couldn't be sure it was her but the closer I got I saw that it was her. She was choking on her own tears as she tried to calm herself down. I could see in her eyes that she was going through something really painful. Helping her into the elevator I had been able to get her inside her apartment. It was only when she had calmed down a bit she was able to tell me everything she had come across today. 

Sobbing she had told me all the horrors she had gone through. How Richard had drugged her that night? How she had gone through the pain of not being loved? She had destroyed her own life through her hands she had quoted. Jayce had pulled her into his life of sex and drugs. Unknowingly being a naive and innocent young girl she had followed him only to be trapped. She was ashamed of all of it and never had told a soul about the dark past she carried.

I could see in her eyes the pleading to not see her in the light of who she was in the past. The fear of being judged had kept her quiet and so distant. Scared to her wits about how the people and society would see her she had detached herself from all the people. After the incident, she had lost everything and had no idea how to build herself up.

I had cried holding her. Letting her pain out through her cries. I couldn't compare to what she felt all through the years but I could surely be there for her now.