Chapter 17

Allison

"You look really beautiful," Adam said as I walked towards him, more like sashayed towards him in a hot red knee-length dress which clung to my body like a second skin as he stood in the lobby of my building. He looked dark and dangerous in a luxurious black suit. His dress shirt and suit were both black, but his tie matched brilliantly with those grey eyes of his. The black shirt he wore was unbuttoned at the neck and his strong jaw was covered with just a hint of stubble. He was a man who wore the combination of casual and class with ease.

"Well, you look so fine too," I teased smiling.

"Red suits you," he said taking my hand kissing sending a shock up my arm that raised the hairs on my nape. He smelled sinfully good. I didn't know whether it was the cologne, or shampoo or his body wash but it was mouth-watering as he was.

"Thank you," I said after a moment. For a minute I was lost for words.

"Shall we leave?" he asked, and I nodded. His car stood just a minute walk away from the building. Opening the door for me like a gentleman and waited for me to settle in before closing the door he got in his own seat and the engine of his Porsche roared to life.

"Where we are going to?"

"There is a club on the outskirts of the city meant for dashing and important people like me," he answered.

"Are you trying to woo me?"

"Is it working," he asked with a smile on his lips that was sexy as hell.

"Nope," he shook his head at this but that smile never left his lips.

"I thought it was working," he said looking at the road. His voice was teasing but at the same time had all my attention to him.

"Well, you have got to try harder, Mr. Adam," I flirted.

"I think I can try harder," he winked at me and I won't lie but it really had some effect on me. Pushing his feet on the accelerator the car picked up speed and I loved it. I had dressed up and prettied myself up for the date as best as I can. I would have loved the company of Christine as I decided to find the best killer dress in my wardrobe, but I stopped myself after what had happened yesterday. I wasn't mad at her it was just I was sure she would talk about Noel or what happened yesterday, and I wasn't yet ready to talk about it. I was mad at Noel but after what he had told me I had gone crazy bat shit mad at him. Drugging me? Really?

I was somewhere relived to know that we hadn't had sex but at the same time mad at him for drugging me. He had tricked me into thinking that something happened and all those words he had said that day were imprinted on my mind. I wasn't a traitor, but I was thought to be one because of his own messed up past. He had said that someone had tried to pull a stunt like him like that and he had thought that someone was doing it again. Somewhere deep down I had seen the pain in his eyes just like I had seen once in Lana's and to tell the truth it scared me for him. I never wanted what had happened to Lana to happen to anyone. I would even not wish for it for my enemy.

Maybe I was being too harsh on him but what would you expect when you tell someone that you had drugged them and made them believe that you had sex with them only to know it had never happened. The thing that made me really angry was the humiliation that I had to face afterward. It was just like gasoline to fire. How could he just expect me to forget all that and forgive him? The pain inside him eyes made me wanted to forgive him but the anger inside of me wasn't ready. I think until I could really understand what had happened to him that made him think that I was a traitor, I can't really forgive him. For a moment I was ready to ask Adam did he knew anything about it but I didn't because somehow it was his presence that has landed me in this mess, but I can't blame him.