Chapter 2

" wow! what next? Pastor Chiebido asks

After he left Heaven continues

"he pratically raced back to the table and i got worried, i wondered why he was in a haste.  I asked if everything was alright, by this time i was standing as he was trying to catch his breath he assured me he was ok, with a sigh of relief i sat down.

       i felt a little akward wondering if he thought i was daddy's little girl, he quickly dismissed my thoughts and stated he was rather impressed at the actions of my doting father. I was indeed flattered but his compliment was cut short as if he was biting back his words?..." 

"Oh! At that time i remembered daddy dearest asked me not to spill any part of our conversation to his daughter" Echeta cuts in

"Oh now i undertand why you acted like that" they briefly laughed and Echeta picks up the story

"She pestered me on what i discussed with ger father, i pretended not to have heard her in order to think fast on what to say, not wanting to offend daddy nor Heaven. At that I dimissed her saying it was just business."

" to think that you were lying through you're teeth when you said that Na waoh!" Heaven playfully glares at him

Pastor laughed loudly at this time

"But did he sound convincing enough?" Asked pastor

" very convincing sir" replied Heaven  and they all laughed again.

"Then what?" asked man of God who was also enjoying every moment of this counseling session.

" to stop her from interogating me any further about my conversation with the dad i quickly asked her, if her mom shared the same qualities as her dad?"

Heaven stiffens subtly but it doesn't go unnoticed by the pastor as well as Echeta.

Echeta clears his throat vaguely and resumes "from there we spoke about our families over dinner and after which i took her home. On our way we discussed the contract and of course it was awarded to her company. By the time i dropt her we knew we wanted to see each other again and we exchanged phone numbers.It was indeed a night to remember."  Echeta concludes.

" I see " pastor began "Echeta what do you love most about Heaven?" He asked

"Everything thing infact i think she is flawless" Echeta exclaims

" impossible dear" pastor cuts in looking a bit worried "Heaven what about you? i guess you will say same abi?(meaning not so?in pidgin language) "pastor asked looking a bit agitated and almost irritated but trying hard to hide it.

"Ehmm...we...ll i was going to say my perfect guy in whom i see no wrong." Heaven stutters

" Come on people it's either you're not telling the truth or you don't know each other well enough to get into marriage" pastor suggests

Pastor took a deep breath and said
"i won't be honest and sincere in this counseling if i agree with you there. No matter how perfect a match you think you are, you're still two different people otherwise there won't be room for adjustments. You see marriage is a very huge step up on responsibility that is because people are going to be involved"

" people as in  relatives? " Heaven implies

"they are a part of it but not as much as the children you both will bring into this life.  Like it or not you're going to be role models and the truth is that those people's minds and patterns of living will be fashioned after the characters they see their role models display.  They will take after those emotions whether anger, violence, habits etc
Not giving this careful thoughts will further complicate things as it keeps leading to break down of society. Trust me no couple should take their vows towards each other for granted for that is the beginning of wisdom as to how to carter for the ones coming after them. As sad as it may sound many couples still continously or unconsciously take starting a family for granted" pastor concludes

Echeta and Heaven by now were very quiet and both by now had each others hands held tightly together.

" I like what i see"  said pastor " Looking at how both held each,  but it's more than holding hands."

They quickly left each other's hands which they held unconsciously before.

"No! Please" exclaimed pastor " i need you both to hold hands" as he looked at their hands again and they did.

"I don't mean to scare you both please that is not my intention please just needed to clarify that marriage is more intense than holding on of hands but trust me it's the first step, if meant from the heart." Pastor states

At this point they both looked at each other deeply and Echeta mouthed forever and so did Heaven. Pastor almost moved to tears says amen!

 " this is why we designed that every couple should get counseling three months to their wedding. Do you know i have had to cancel a wedding because the couple was unrealistic not wanting to accept that anything could go wrong in their individuality even after i kept screaming none is perfect,  they disagreed and left my office, they went somewhere else to get married and today the crisis in that marriage is beyond anyone's control" pastor says .

Echeta exclaims woah! While Heaven simply shook her head

" it could have been avoided if they were teachable." She states

"My point exactly"  pastor supports "now innocent children are involved and i must tell you none of them are finding it easy not even their relatives. May i advise you too as i tell every couple i meet never grow to big to learn or be taught yeah? If after marriage you feel like you need more counseling to make it work, go for it please even if it requires therapy go for it! Please never feel too big as this institution (i.e marriage) is one you will need God Himself Who instituted it to help you make it work. If every couple can set their pride aside and do this, the rate of divorce will drop and what more,  the society will be a better place with undimented leaders almost everywhere. We have people who are married to their portfolios lost in "what people will say syndrome" i never understood why anyone's opinion about me should matter to me,if i know me well! Trust me probably when the situation disgraces them they will go seeking for help and by then, they are in a huge mess. Even when you're parents if you need counseling or therapy to raise your kids go for it!. When you are in your middle age or older age if you need it,  please go for it".

"Never allow anything stand in your way on this journey you're embarking on if you want to build a strong family,  one you will never be ashamed of. Ignorance is no longer an excuse with the Internet age at work nowadays, caution! Please" he emphasized

"Our time is far spent says pastor as he looks at the clock on the wall of his office, let's call it a day". The couple stood up and were about to leave when the man of God informs them that his sectary will contact them for the date of their next appointment with him.
"Moreover dress casual as our venue might suprise you" the pastor smirks   "Okay sir"they answered looking confused and curious.
"Good day" pastor greets

they responded and left.