CHAPTER 10

Mr and mrs Egwuatu took time off work today to celebrate their seven year old son Sopuruchukwu. Even his siblings were at home that day with him none of them went to school.
They also invited family and friends even the pupils of their children's school.

Pastor Chiebido who was also invited as their pastor is to handle the opening prayer. He already alerted the Egwuatus that he invited a couple to be, to their son's party for the purpose of counseling. So everything is set for the party with their house and the canopy outside largely and well decorated with white and blue, believed to be a popular colour for male. Also there is enough to eat and drink as the the highed catering company is on ground already with food and drink.

Present also is the MC and photographer. The bouncing castle is set and there are alot of toys for children to play with, all that is remaining is for guests to start arriving . It's close to five o'clock, mr and mrs Egwuatu already dressed with their children are doing some family photo shoots as they are
almost everywhere trying to put finishing touches to their son's party. While all this is happening, at the other end Echeta leaves his office to go pick Heaven up for their outing to Sopuruchukwu's party. Pastor Chiebido has also left his office to the party.

"No way! Not now! Wh...yyy ah! Exclaims tired and angry Cheta as he hits his stirring and pulls to a stop.
"Flat tyre now! Really thanks universe! This is the last thing i needed now abeg!" (Please). Mtschew he hisses and took a long sigh before coming down to change the tyre, staring hard at the flat tyre like that will make it change itself.

"Oga(boss in pidgin language) you need help?" asked a happy looking vulganiser seeing a work opportunity

"With what!" Says Cheta turning towards the direction he heard the voice from, still fusing as time is not on his side. He hates to be late for appointments moreover he was still tired from yesterday and being ready for the party, he knew changing the tyre will not only stress him, but might put dirt on him.

"Do you think i can't change a tyre. Hanlele!" (Go away from here in pidgin) he says pointing his finger in the air to the direction the man came from.

"Sorry o!" Says vulganiser, bowing his head in respect as most southerners do i.e yoruba when they don't want you to pick offense and walks away.

"My brother sorry!" Calls out Cheta having this mischevous smile he wears when he knows he is wrong, noticing the uniform most vulganisers wear in Nigeria on this folk. The middle age man stops. Echeta walks up to him.

"I am sorry sir. I didn't mean to disrespect you. I am just having a bit of a bad day" says remorseful Cheta

"From the uniform you're wearing, i guess you are a vulganiser yeah? Added Cheta still remorseful

"Yes. I know say you fit change ya tyre but i feel say as i no dey do any work nah, make i come help. Abi i no do well?" Asked the vulganiser communicating in pidgin language

"Really sorry about that please. Help me change the tyre i will pay you. I am in a hurry and can't deal with the changing of a tyre now abeg."
Explains Echeta

"No wahala, na my job" says vulganiser as he bends down and started the tyre changing right away.

Echeta goes to the boot of the car and pulls out the spare tyre. He gives it to the vulganiser who hurriedly but carefully changes the tyre

"Make i go patch this tyre oga(boss) you go wait abi?"(yeah?) Asks vulganiser

"Eh...n i would have loved to have you do so but the thing now is that i am running late." Counters Echeta reasoning within him if that would be a right thing to do. I mean this is a stranger he thought to himself.