CHAPTER 19

Echeta on getting home, went straight to bed remembering his meeting with the vulganiser tommorrow Saturday.

Waking up at about half past ten that morning, he quickly had his quiet time, as in fellowship with God which before he did, he kept echoing 'have mercy on your son, 'me' Lord! you're son couldn't do it early today'. He was referring to rising up early as David of the bible would, to fellowship with God when he said 'early in the morning will i rise up and seek you' Psalm 63:1, then again he thought to himself that he is a child of grace and not pefection but has been made perfect in Christ. No one should have to kill themselves to be perfect but rather put up a fight depending on the grace and the mercy of God as it's not of he that wills nor runs but God who shows mercy.

"It's not by power or might but by the spirit Echeta!" He mutters, in encouragement to himself.

He quickly calls Heaven as one of his morning routine is and hurriedly leaves the house after a bath, without breakfast.

Getting close to the vulganiser's shop, he saw the middle age man pursing a fowl all over his work area.

"What's going on here sir?!" Asks curious Cheta

"Boss good morning!" Shouts vulganiser panting, almost out of breath.

"I am coming, your tyre is ready for pick up!" He shouts again

"Wait a second, how come he is speaking English better today?" Notices Echeta because he had a total recall, he and this guy talked in pidgin English the last time they met.

"I am so sorry sir for keeping you waiting for this long" says vulganiser when he was done with his 'wild goose chase'.

"Not a problem my friend but what did that fowl do to you?" Jokes Echeta laughing out loud.

"Nothing o!" Laughs vulganiser as he continues

"My elderly widowed landlady needed help to catch her fowl for sunday stew and i offered to help.

"You know, since her husband was like a father to me before he passed, so i took it upon myself to always assist her, in minial tasks especially if am not busy with work." Narrates vulganiser

"Oh i see, eyiya!" (Eyiya is a pidgin word that signifies sympathy) pities Cheta.

Echeta takes advantage of the whole scenario to drive a point home, something that is the reason why he is at the vulganiser's shop

"My dear sir, you know seeing you chase that fowl resonated something in my heart, that almost made it sink within me." States Cheta

"God forbid"! It is well with your heart." Shouts vulganiser literally looking at Cheta's chest, like he was checking the heart out.

"The thing is that the fowl has been fed well for months now and within it, it felt like it was really enjoying itself not knowing that all that feeding  and feeling good, the only thing in the owner's mind is 'i am fattening you for the last day!' Laments Cheta

"Last day?" Asks vulganiser with his face a bit wrinkled, wondering what Echeta was blabbering about. What does the fowl have to do with the last  day, he reasons. Cheta as if being in his mind box, quickly gave expression to his thoughts and says

"The last day is the day the fowl is killed, dies and is in the pot, now steaming hot!".

He further explains,

"That is the kind of game the devil is playing with as many people as he has deceived in the name of freedom to eat from any plate he serves them, and they eat, merry and enjoy then the last day, they land in hell fire for rejecting food on the Lord's table, turning away from His feeding which would have fetched them eternal life in God's kingdom, even after earthly death. "For the devil comes but to steal, kill and destroy lives but the son of man comes to give life eternal! (paraphrased) let them hear that have ears!