CHAPTER 9

Today is friday and Echeta and Heaven are to continue their marriage counseling with pastor Chiebido at the birthday day party of seven year old Sopuruchukwu(Revere God in igbo language) Egwuatu (one without fear)

Sopuruchukwu's parents Mr and Mrs Egwuatu are God fearing couple also members of pastor Chiebido's congregation. They are a very busy couple. Engrossed and obsessed with their carriers. They hardly have time for the home front.

Mr Egwuatu is an engineer working with a company and the wife a university lecturer Sopuruchukwu has a younger brother and a sister Kelechi (Thank God) and Nnedinma (mother is valuable) Something very admirable about this couple is thier dedication to finding a right path despite all odds. Pastor Chiebido has recently started some sort of post marital counseling with the couple concerning their children and their marital issues.

Also, just as they have a lesson teacher for after school curriculum activities for their children, pastor got them a children's sunday school teacher from the church who is paid to teach them what is spiritually and morally right.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Echeta keeping up with his routine call to heaven after his morning devotion tells her that he will pick her up at 2:30pm for their marriage counseling.  He also reminds her to dress casual for their outing. Moreover since it's Friday most people dress casual to work and that of course makes it easy. Meanwhile,Mr Okafor and daughter Heaven gets ready for work too.

"Good morning dear" Okafor greets his wife as he opens the intermidiary slide door joining his room to the wife's room smiling

"Hope you slept well?" He continues

"Good morning" replies Nkechi with a stiff face still grudging from last night sulking on her bed.

"I want to clear the air of the dust from yesterday" says Okafor as he sat down on the wife's bed referring to their disagreement the previous day.

"I apologize for embarrassing us in front of our would be son inlaw perhaps i should have controlled my anger, i take the blame for that. I am about to start my day and i need to put this behind me to have a blissful  day. My dear that being said, i must let you know that i saw what happened yesterday as a total disrespect and disregard for my person from you and Ezenwa. It isn't right. Come to think of it, is that why you didn't join us for prayers this morning?" Inquires Okafor

"Why should i? Afterall what good will the prayers do me with the anger boiling in me. Will my prayers be accepted?" Counters Nkechi

"Fair enough,nothing spoil(no problems in pidgin language) so am i forgiven?" Asks Okafor

"How do i face Echeta when i see him?" Says Nkechi sitting up from where she laid.

"So what were you thinking, that you will just say sorry and that will be all?" Nkechi adds wanting to throw tantrums

"You're not going to make it easy as usual abi? (Not so) says Okafor

"Am leaving for work let's talk about this later when you're in a better mood please" says Ezeabata Okafor as he stands and walks back to his room.

At this time Heaven knocks on their door and Okafor opens the door.

"Good morning daddy how was your night?" Asks Heaven

"Great Adaeze" replies Okafor addressing Heaven by her native name.

"Good morning mum" she greets walking into her mother's room.

"Morning" replies Nkechi forcing a smile.
"How are you" she asks her daughter

"Am good mum" she says hugging mum.