CHAPTER 22

After sobbing for long, with much consolation from Echeta, Olu stops his sobbing.

"Come to think of it Olu who crying help? Nothing is above God almighty. By God's grace things will be fine, perhaps this is why i had the promptings to insist on waiting for you till you showed up. Can you now continue?" Asks Cheta

" To please my mother who always insist on one having breakfast before going out as your day could turn out busy, i encouraged my self and ate a little after which we left.

On getting there, we saw my brother on a seat having a bowl of pap which i believe was given to him by the herbalist. He had gained consciousness. Standing up, ran into our arms, we all wept long tears of joy and my parents hurriedly dashed off towards the herbalist to appreciate him. Accepting their appreciation, he simply told them that there was nothing to worry about anymore. It will only get better from here he had assured them. After my brother was done with his breakfast, we left. We walked some miles away and all i thought of was what had become of that poor lady whom by the way i didn't see when we got there. I told my parents i was coming that i needed to find out something from the herbalist and before they had the chance to ask what, i took off.

I got there and met the old man sitting on his chair. He rose up quickly wondering if all is well. I told him i came back to inquire of that woman and if she is okay. He told me she was okay and was sleeping. I would like to come back to see her i said but he said that wouldn't be necessary as she too will be leaving later that day when her people arrives. I can see you really care, but please don't bother, there is nothing you or i can do for her right now. Don't keep you're parents waiting, your brother needs rest. You need to go now he said pointing the way out. So i left." Olumide concludes.

"Has your brother been fine ever since then?" Asks Cheta

" To be honest no and even i think that life has been a battle for me ever since then. My brother works twice as hard than usual but nothing to show for it till now. Till my parents aged and passed, it's been one struggle after another. Frankly speaking i might be wrong, but i think most children born into our family, suffer some strange ordeals linked to this anguished past." Says Olu with a wrinkled face.

"I don't think you are far from that fact but truth prevails over fact and that truth will set you and your family free! If you believe. The truth is that he who Jesus set free is free indeed! God's word prevails over all life situations, past and present. Remember we started out this conversation with me telling you that according to John 3, that you must be bornagain. Furthermore the bible says if any man be in Christ he is a new creation, old things have passed away and it's a whole new page to re write life on. All these scriptures are effective and can be trusted only if you believe that Jesus came to die for you, me and the whole world out there. No greater love than this will you ever experience than that He layed down His life for you and i to be well." Teaches Echeta

" you mean that's all there is to it and nothing more?" Replies Olu with his hands saying the same, like he expected more

"The problem with man especially Africans probably because of 'suffer head' (excessive stress) is we always think everything in life is by efforts or hard labour before it can be earned. It's not always so Olu. Okay if it is by works, are you willing to spill your blood, as it is now for your deliverance or freedom from these 'strange ordeals' as you referred it to save yourself or family?" Jests Echeta awaiting an answer from Olu

"I don't think so really" laughs Olu as Cheta laughs along.

"See eh... it not by power or might but solely by the spirit of the living God. I would like to lead you to Christ, if you believe and have decided to hand over your heart to him as your personal Lord and Saviour and would also like you to come to church tomorrow yeah?" Requests Cheta

" My soul could really use some fresh air my friend. So yes all the way to both requests of yours!" Exclaims Olu as he adds

"For whatever it's worth Echeta for the first time after a long time
I feel refreshed"

"I am so glad to hear that. Let me quickly brush through something from my past to add to what you shared with me earlier on. Growing up i witnessed my dad waking up in the middle of the nights, he will go out thinking he was unnoticed not knowing that since after i woke up one night and heard him conversing with some unknown persons which i couldn't see but the weird feeling i experienced clearly spelt the presence of spirits.

Following him on a particular night after his conversations with them as usual inside his room which i shared with him at night by putting a mat on the ground to sleep, outside the house, he will walk some distance and backing this particular sport he uses every night, he will put out his hand, tossing a coin over his head after making some kind of incantations then he will go back to lying down for the rest of the night like nothing happened.

I will never forget how i will quickly get back to the mat before he gets to bed for the fear of being caught and i never confronted him about it till he passed but before the cock crows in the early hours of the morning, i will run out under the pretence to pee, my actual intension was to pick the coins to spend it not just out of curiosity but out of anger that my father was wasting a coin every night and wouldn't give my siblings and i a coin to buy books, pencils or pens.

In fact outside trying his best to provide food, he didn't see any other thing we needed as his responsibility so my mother took care of that from her menial earnings but can i tell you, i never saw or picked any of the coins, mysteriously they disappeared." Narrates Cheta

"Hmmm" Sighs Olu loudly.

"My siblings and i really went through a lot in life even the strangest things not until i got bornagain and started devouring the bible which is the word of God, did i understand that my father was selling off his generations to some wicked demonic spirits without knowing it. He was being lied to and he cheaply believed the devil. I was so angry he didn't get to know Christ before he passed but i believe God knows best and somehow i believe God has a way of handling those who didn't hear the gospel of Christ after death, i mean even after Jesus died, there is a reason he went to hell not just to get the power and keys to eternal life from the devil after he got it from the fall of Adam but the bible recorded that giving the same privilege to those who didn't witness his coming to offer salvation to the world and were kept in hades not hell, Jesus preached the gospel to them, they believed and were saved and He took them with Him back to heaven. My brother that is how much He is willing to see the sinner set free. The bible says he is the way, the truth and life no one can see the father in heaven except through Christ.

Since after i understood the bible and confesses it daily believing, i have enjoyed massive change from whom i use to be to someone better. If you desire same then a yes to Jesus, to the salvation He is offering you, will do same for you" clarifies Cheta.

"I am willing and ready" assures Olu too.

Echeta leads Olu through the sinner's prayer and confessions.
Afterwards he welcomes him to the new found relationship with Jesus.

"Let me write down the address of the church for you. I look forward to seeing you there." Says Cheta

"I will be there" replies Olumide as he also thanks Cheta for endeavouring to share Christ with him.

Cheta then left satisfied and fulfilled.