Chapter 4 - "friendly" distractions

Louis' POV
All the boys come down to the pitch and are just staring at the other team. They look confused more than anything so maybe that's a good sign. I noticed Harry ushering his teammates away to start their practice and to stop them from staring.

"Louis, what's going on?" Liam asks stepping forward to me and Niall.

I sigh and then wave my hands gesturing for the boys to circle up, "Okay, so basically the Holmes Chapel team needed a field to practice on and so now they're going to be using our field for the season," I give them a tight smile once I'm finished.

There's a moment of silence that they all take to process what I just said before there's sudden backlash.

"What?!"

"What the fuck! Why?"

"You can't be serious!"

"They can find their own fucking field!"

"What the hell Louis!"

"That's bullshit!"

"No!"

Well this was expected. I raise my hand up annoyed to try and stop them. They choose to ignore me and continue to yell things. I glance around and noticed a few of my mates don't seem to mind, obviously Niall didn't, but also Liam and a few others just kind of shrugged it off and waited for the others to calm down.

"Hey! Stop!" I shout in an assertive tone.

I hear a small whimper behind me and so I glance over my shoulder. I immediately notice Harry standing still looking at me with wide eyes. His eyes look darker than usual but maybe it's just because I'm far away from him.

I force myself to turn back around to face the boys who also look stunned, "We're sharing the field with them and that's that," I state before trying to reason with them, "I know they're our rivals but they needed a field and there's no harm in letting them use ours. We're not even playing them in the regular season so let's just settle down and show some fucking respect."

Everyone looks around at each other but they seem impressed and compliant as I get a few grunts and head nods. I look back over my shoulder trying to catch Harry's eye. When I do I send him a thumbs up and a quick smile which he immediately reciprocates by giving me a beautiful dimpled smile. I blush and then turn back keeping my eyes on the ground until I can feel the blush subside.

"Okay so are we good?" I ask them looking back up.

They eye me for a second before I get a bunch of answers along the lines of "yes".

I smile and try to lighten the mood so everyone can just forget about the other team, "Good. Now who's fucking ready for practice?!"

That seems to hype everyone up as they smile and run to put their things down. I watch as my teammates start to warm up and stretch getting back that excitement they had when they first walked onto the field.

I let out a sigh of relief and then feel Niall pat me on the back, "Good job mate," he smiles.

"Thanks Niall," I beam.

That went surprisingly well. I think we can actually make this arrangement work.

"Louis!" I hear one of my mates yell and I turn around to see it's Stan, "Liam just said he had avocado on toast this morning!" Stan yells smiling.

I see the rest of the boys turn their heads with amused looks, "That's what I have most mornings actually," Liam informs all of us.