Chapter 17 - are we friends or are we mOore?

Louis' POV
     Harry hates me. He has to. He hasn't looked at me a single time this whole practice. He probably thinks that I was just playing with his feelings, that I didn't really want to kiss him. He does have feelings for me right? Yeah, I mean he wouldn't try to kiss me if he didn't, unless- no yeah.

Practice went well other than my severe lack of focus. All the boys were playing great but I had to step aside when I kept messing up everything. Instead I worked on correcting and helping them with their skills which meant I could look at Harry a lot more often than usual. But like I said, he wouldn't look back. His face seemed quite stern the whole time but there was a certain facade to it. Like he still looked hurt but from an outsider's perspective it was hard to tell.

I wonder what happened to not being obvious. I guess that just went away when my feelings for Harry became so much more real. It's just so hard to not be obvious with how I feel when I feel so many things for this boy. I still think, that if my mates aren't paying too much attention, they won't be able to tell. It's obvious though. So fucking obvious.

Niall and Liam could tell something was on my mind, well actually everyone could but Niall and Liam knew what it had to be about. I just waved it off and told them I'd tell them later. I mean I still have to have that business meeting with Harry so who knows, maybe more will happen. I don't want to tell them both right away when they're could be more later on. Niall made me promise to tell them everything before they both gave me a hug and were walking off to meet up with Zayn. I still don't know Zayn that well, I've only had one conversation with him outside the pub which wasn't the best. But considering he seems to be good friends with Harry I should try to get to know him better.

I take my time packing everything up making sure that everyone is gone before me. I glance over to Harry's side of the field expecting to see Harry gathering all his things but he's not there. No ones there actually, but most importantly Harry's not there. He must have left already. I sigh and zip up my bag before turning around.

I jump and clutch my chest when I'm met with the tall beautiful curly headed boy with gorgeous green eyes smiling shyly at me.

"Oh god Harry, you scared the shit out of me," I breathe out still a bit uneasy after being startled like that.

Harry chuckles lightly, "Sorry. I was just about to say something but then you turned around," he explains rubbing at his ring finger again as if he has his rings on.

Definitely a nervous habit. It's cute, but I don't want Harry to feel nervous around me. I really hope us nearly kiss didn't make things awkward. Maybe I can break the tension some way.

"Are you blaming my almost heart attack on me," I ask fake gasping as I continue to clutch my chest.

"Maybe," Harry grins his dimples sticking out, "I can't afford to have your almost heart attack on my conscious."

I laugh at that which makes Harry laugh too, "Alright, fine. I'll take the blame for this one but if it happens again I'll be very mad," I joke poking him in the chest.

His very firm chest on his very fit body. Pull yourself together Louis!

Harry raises his hands up, "Oh no, I'm so scared," he says mockingly.

"You should be Styles," I warn taking a step forward, "I just happen to know all your weaknesses."

"Please do tell," Harry gestures for me to go on.

"Okay, first one, cats," I say to which he gives a little hum, "Second, tacos. And third, old ladies playing bingo," I hold up three fingers to him.