Chapter 12 - husband and wife

Louis' POV
"Aww Harry don't cry!" I chuckle.

"I'm not crying! You're crying!" he huffs and folds his arms over his chest.

He's absolutely adorable and I'm fonding way too hard right now.

After our somewhat deep conversation we talked a lot more and actually got to know each other. I'm having a serious problem right now since this boy just happens to be the best person in the world and I like him so much it hurts.

I've always been attracted to him and had an infatuation but I didn't know him so it was nothing serious. But now I do feel like I know him pretty well and my crush has just gotten so much more real. It's not something I can just get over and forget about like I was planning on doing. It was naive of me to think that if I were to talk to him I wouldn't like him, like his personality would suck or something, or I would still be able to ignore my feelings.

Totally naive. Because here we are sat in my living room where I can't seem to stop fonding over every little thing he does.

Anyways after talking for a good few hours we decided to watch a movie. Harry chose to watch The Notebook because he's an absolute sap. I love how he likes these kinds of movies. Just another reason to like Harry, out of the list of many.

"Fine, we're both crying," I compromise grinning ear to ear.

He turns his head to look at me with a huge smile, "I guess we are."

I stare into his eyes. They're so beautiful and unique, I love them. It's like I'm running into a forest just going deeper and deeper but I don't mind getting lost. I can practically hear my heart beat ringing through my ears but I stay still, staring into Harry's beautiful green eyes. They've got me hypnotized and maybe Harry's the same, because he hasn't looked away. If anything he feels closer than ever.

I suddenly become very aware of how close we actually are. I mean there's multiple places we could have chosen to sit but we chose to sit right next to each other on the couch. So close that our legs and arms were touching the whole movie - which is still playing in the background. That was definitely distracting me as I found I had to remind myself to breathe and force myself to not just stare at Harry over the film. I mean he is more interesting to watch if I'm being honest.

He had his cute little quirks like gasping at dramatic parts even though he's told me he's seen this movie a million times. Or pressing his thigh against mine whenever there was a romantic scene or moment, which was quite often. That was definitely fucking with my mind. Like was he trying to tell me something? If so please be more obvious as I'm a bit oblivious.

Harry cups my cheek with his large hand and gently wipes at my stray tears. I smile and instantly lean into his touch. It's quite an intimate touch. One you wouldn't normally have with someone you only just started talking to, and yet somehow it feels right, natural even. I know I really shouldn't be leaning into his touch, but it was like it was instinctual. Harry doesn't seem to think much of it as he keeps his hand on my cheek.

"I like that you're not afraid to show your emotions," Harry smiles softly at me.

I nod my head in response as I'm a bit at a loss of words, "Nothing like a good ole' cry fest with your supposed rivals am I right?" I say since it's the only thing that came to mind.

Harry chuckles, "Nothing better than that," he looks into my eyes for a second longer before removing his hand and turning away from me.

Fuck! Give me a second to catch my breathe. I don't think I could handle much more than that. Although I do wonder what this all means to Harry. I'm sure he's just being friendly but Niall's words are stuck in the back of my mind, "I could have told you he totally likes you." Maybe there's something else behind all his looks and touches.