Chapter 6 - almost friends

Louis' POV
    Harry snorts and accidentally chokes on his iced tea because he was laughing so hard. I throw my head back and laugh as I start to pat him on the back. He leans forward continuing to cackle while simultaneously coughing.

"So you egged his house?" Harry coughs.

I pat him on the back and smile, "Yup," I say popping the 'p', "Twice."

He looks at me before bursting out into another fit of laughter, "Why?"

"I had my reasons," I chuckle, "But I had to do it twice because the first time the boys didn't help me," I pout.

"Aww isn't that sad," Harry fake frowns in a baby voice.

"Yes! It is!" I throw my hands up, "That meant I had to clean it up alone!"

"You cleaned it up by yourself?" he raises his eyebrow.

"Well..." I give him a sly smile, "I got Liam to do most of it, I mean it is his house after all!" I try to defend.

Harry just laughs and wipes at his eyes, "You're team sounds like a lot of fun," he smiles at me finally settled down.

"Yeah definitely!" I beam, "What about your team?"

Harry's smile seems to tighten at that, "I mean they're nice lads and all and we have a good time, but I don't think they really know me that well," he sighs, "Hell you probably know me better than them."

Shit. That's kind of surprising. I mean we've been talking for awhile but it's just been pretty basic stuff and mostly the dumbest shit ever. Don't get me wrong though, I could talk about the dumbest shit ever with Harry all day and all night. We tell a lot of stupid stories and jokes but they make us laugh like crazy for some reason. But  it's not like we've gotten to know each other that well.

Harry has a really nice laugh. He always seems to cackle at my jokes which gives me a huge ego boost and I laugh at his, more so because he's so fucking adorable not because I find them terribly funny, but he doesn't need to know that.

It's so nice to finally talk to him after all these years. It's honestly really easy to hold a conversation with him which obviously helps, it's like we've been friends forever. I guess the real question would be has my crush on Harry gone away after talking to him? And the answer to that would be fuck NO. I literally like him so much more now. I mean from what I've gathered so far he's spontaneous, fun, funny, doesn't take life to seriously, and hot. He's the perfect boy for me.

It's like now that I'm actually talking to him, my heart doesn't just explode but I also get a massive swarm of butterflies in my stomach when he so much as looks at me. This crush feels so much more real than before and I don't know if that's good or not. All I know is that I have it so fucking bad for Harry Styles.

"Why is that?" I ask snapping out of my thoughts.

He shrugs, "I don't know."

I can tell that he's hiding something but I can also tell that he doesn't want to talk about it. I would love it if we got to a point where we could open up to each other but I know that I can't let that happen. I can't get too attached to Harry because I know that I'll just have to ignore him in the end.

"I can help you egg all their houses if you want," I suggest trying to make Harry feel more comfortable. It must work because he breaks out into a relieved smile before he starts laughing, "What? People really tend to open up when you're stuck outside for hours cleaning up their  house with them," I laugh out.

"I would but I'm not really one for wasting eggs," Harry grins at me.

"Oh right sorry, I didn't mean to offend Mr. Baker," I put my hands up in surrender.