Chapter 21 - nerves and needs

Louis' POV
I lead Harry inside making sure he doesn't stumble around too much. We surprisingly enter very quietly taking off our shoes before Harry is quickly pulling me up to his room. He's all giddy and touchy and it's absolutely adorable. It's also absolutely distracting. It's so hard to even think normally around him but maybe that's just the alcohol speaking.

"Here Harry," I say softly as I lay him down on his bed.

Harry lays face first in his pillow and over the covers. I let him stay like that for a bit as I go to get him a glass of water. I sit on the edge of his bed and tap on his leg signaling for him to sit up. He gulps down the water before throwing himself back into his pillow. I move to get up but then I feel his hand gripping my wrist.

"Louis, thank you for all your help," he mumbles into the pillow, "It's really sweet of you," he whispers and I can see the faintest blush appear.

I bite down a grin feeling blush of my own now, "Of course love. Now get some sleep, we have to wake up early tomorrow," I say as I pull the blanket over him.

Harry groans and shuffles around to face me. He doesn't seem too happy at first but once he looks at me it's like his face immediately softens.

"I like when you call me love," he smiles sweetly which makes me melt instantly.

"I like it too," I smile back and ruffle his curls a bit, "Now sleep," I demand softly moving away from Harry.

He grunts like he wants to protest but sinks into his pillow nonetheless. After some time, I take a few steps back unsure if he's fully asleep. I hear a light snore escape his mouth which I somehow find cute. Well maybe that's not a surprise since I'm literally endeared by anything Harry does.

I leave to refill his glass of water and set it aside on his bedside table for when he wakes up. I also go to find some type of headache medicine that he's definitely going to need in the morning. I get some Advil from his bathroom and set it next to the water. On the table is Harry's alarm clock so after figuring out how it works I set that for 7 since we're meeting on the field at 8ish. Lastly I plug in his phone to charge since it's dead by now. God I feel like such a mom. Or maybe like a b- no, never mind.

I glance over to Harry and I can't help the fond smile I get when I see him. His hair is all messy, he's still in his regular clothes, and he's drooling a bit on his pillow. But his face is also so soft and beautiful, he's curled up in his blankets so tightly they're almost consuming him, and he's mumbling complete nonsense to himself.

I move around his room until I find some paper and a pen, so I write a small note to Harry for when he wakes up - Hi love, drink the water and take two pills for your headache!! Hopefully you're not too hungover but remember we're going to Bristol tomorrow so don't snooze the alarm! I will come over and drag your arse out of bed if you do - Lou :)
P.S. You're a cute sleeper. Talk a bit in your sleep, did you know? Were you dreaming about me?

I mean I had to ask after he mumbled Louis into his pillow, right? Anyways I set the note to the side tucking it slightly underneath the Advil bottle to keep it in place. I walk over to Harry and brush a stray hair out of his face. He seems to hum at the feeling even in his sleep which makes me smile. Damn, I have it so bad.

I force myself to step away from Harry and towards the door before I turn around to whisper a small, "Goodnight Haz."

With that I turn off the light before I'm out the door and quietly heading down the stairs. I grab my shoes from the front and quickly make my way outside to wait for Liam. I don't bother putting my shoes back on as I wait on the curb. I'm not there for long before Liam's car is pulling up to where I am. I get in quite ungracefully getting a small chuckle out of Liam before he's driving away.