Chapter 5 - self-indulgent

Louis' POV
Harry quickly rushes back with his stuff and a dimpled smile on his face. My heart beat immediately quickens just from seeing him.

"Ready?" he asks once he's reached me.

I nod my head and we slowly make our way off the field. I notice Niall pulling Liam along while keeping a fast pace. They walk by us and Niall sends me a wink for some reason before they both wave goodbye.

Once we make it to the car park I stop and turn to Harry, "Where are we going?"

Harry smiles, "Where do you want to go?"

I playfully roll my eyes making him chuckle before saying, "McDonald's."

Harry's eyes widen, "Really?" he asks sounding surprised.

"Yeah. Why?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Nothing," Harry quickly says putting his hands in the air, "I just thought that, you know, people usually eat healthy during the season," Harry explains.

I snort, "Well I have no problem throwing up on the field if it means I can eat the food I want."

Harry laughs leaning forward, "Have you thrown up before?"

He eyes me for a second and I give him a guilty look, "Maybe," that only seems to make him laugh harder, "Oh come on Curly, just take me to lunch already," I chuckle pushing him along.

"Okay, okay, sorry," he smiles and stares into my eyes, "How are we getting there?" he asks suddenly.

"What do you mean? You're the one taking me out," I throw my arms in the air dramatically.

He seems to blush at that, "I got a ride here," he bites down on his lip sheepishly.

I smile and shake my head, "We can take my car," I walk over to where it is and stop at the front, "But you're driving," I throw him the keys.

He fumbled around with them but eventually catches them which makes me laugh. I get in the passenger seat and take a few deep breaths trying to steady my heart. It's just a lunch Louis. Just a friendly lunch.

He gets in the driver's seat and sends me a breathtaking smile, "McDonald's here we come!" he says excitedly before starting the car.

He's so fucking cute! How the hell am I supposed to stay friendly?

I distract myself by turning up the radio when I hear Song 2 by Blur playing. I prop my feet on the dash and look out the window. I can hear Harry drumming along on the steering wheel to the music.

"Woohoo!" he shouts singing along to the song.

My head snaps over to him and I can feel a smile grow on my face. He looks over to me and grins before shouting another "woohoo." I can't help but laugh and throw my head back. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him smiling widely at me before he turns his attention back to the road. He misses the next two "woohoos" but continues to bob his head to the music.

Then he starts singing. My god can the boy sing. His voice is like silk. I watch him in awe as he sings and dances along.

He turns his head to me, "Come on Lou, you have to join me," he smiles.

Lou? I can't handle any nicknames!

Obviously I oblige and start to sing along to the first verse. Harry's eyes widen as he continues to stare at me with his mouth wide open.

"Harry the road!" I exclaim while giggling.

He blinks rapidly and then shakes his head to focus up front. I giggle again and cover my mouth with the back of my wrist.