Chapter Five

"There's hunters Scott! A lot of them," Stiles stammered out as he plopped on his bed. "What do we have? Five of us that can actually sorta fight?"

"Okay? So? Percy almost died on the full moon, Nico got paralyzed by something and Lydia has a goddess to protect her," Scott argued throwing his hands up in frustration. "We can't keep turning teenagers, we shouldn't be turning anyone at all! Isn't there more demigods that we can find and train instead of turning everyone into a werewolf? How many times have you and I almost died alone? And with that creature we saw last night how do we not know we should be turning more people?"

"Do you trust Percy?" Stiles asked throwing his hands up in frustration. Not understanding Scott's sudden urge to do a complete one eighty on there plan. "He's never lied to us once, he told us the cold hard truth and it is the truth. We're facing an army of hunters, we can't win without more people!"

"I trust Percy, it's just... I'm worried about someone dying. I'm worried about a parent losing there teenage son or daughter, I'm worried about someone making a dumb choice to turn because they're like Jackson!" Scott explained.

"Well Derek did fuck up his first two bites, but hey Isaac turned into a werewolf not an abnormal so that's a win!" Stiles stated.

"And what did Jackson turn into?" Scott asked.

"I don't know, apparently it didn't work. Percy went and checked on him this morning, the guy set up a whole camera and everything to film it," Stiles stated with a slight chuckle. "Jackson fell asleep and woke up, he didn't turn."

"Well, I still am not sure about all of this," Scott sighed plopping down next to Stiles. "It was the three of us against the alpha and hunters last time... I don't want to put anyone else through the hunters and whatever this new creature is."

"They won't," Stiles assured him with a smile. "Because they have us to help them."

"I don't know something seems off," Scott sighed as he glanced around. "I feel like there's something that's changing the trajectory of what's happening here."

"What do you mean?" Stiles asked.
"That first night we were looking for Lydia, Percy said something about Artemis.. Allison's mother," Scott explained. "Isn't she the goddess of the hunt?"

"She is," Percys vote rang out as he entered the room holding two pizzas and a two liter. "Sorry I'm late for game night but I brought food."

"Bet! I'm starving," Stiles said giddily as he rushed to help Percy set down the food and grabbed a slice of pizza.

"So are we going up against a goddess?" Scott asked as he stood up as well.

"I don't know," Percy said with a shrug. "That's what me and Nico are going to go find out, I'm leaving tomorrow morning. Don't let Derek do anything stupid while I'm gone."

"Does him turning more kids into betas count as something stupid?" Scott asked hopefully.

"It most certainly does," Percy replied taking a bite out of his pizza. "I'm going to be gone for three days he can wait. The full moon was two days ago, he can wait till next week."

"So you don't want us to let Derek turn anyone?"stiles asked raising an eyebrow.

"If you can help it yeah," Percy said. "I mean Isaac's a fugitive, and Jackson well I don't know about him... just we need to chose the right people, Isaac will be fine once the legal matters settle but right now we need to lay low and out of the hunters radar."

"Alrighty Scott guess you get your wish for three days," Stiles said with a smirk. "No new betas unless there Percy approved."

"And have you talked to Derek about this?" Scott asked.