Chapter Sixteen

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" A loud growling voice shouted out resulting in Lydia shooting up in shock and panic. Trembling she looked around her dark room before she looked right next to her to see Peter Hale.  Before she could scream he grabbed her mouth and motioned her to be quiet.

"Shh, Lydia." Peter said slightly. "I explained to you a lot before, but you need to know the importance of your birthday!"

"What do you mean?" She asked shaking.

"The first full moon of spring! It's also known as the worm moon!" He exclaimed as worms suddenly sprouted from every inch of the room. "Some also call it the moon of rebirth."

>>>

"Yes I know it's Lydias birthday," Percy mumbled tiredly as he glanced around Stiles room before raising an eyebrow before glancing to the side of Stiles room. "Is that a tv?"

"Y-yeah," Stiles responded timidly. "To much?"

"Way to much," Scott replied annoyed as he scrolled through his phone on Stiles bed. "By the way, why is your dad home isn't he usually at the station?"

"Well, with Peter and now whoever the Kanima master is killing everyone. He's been temporarily removed from his duty's for failing to catch the killer until it's to late," Stiles muttered sadly as he plopped down next to Scott.

"Please for the love of Zeus did you know that before you bought the TV?" Percy muttered. "Or did you steal my card?"

"I- I may have to return some things," Stiles stated his face falling into his hands.

"You bought her some good things," Percy muttered as he came across some books and jewelry. "She'll like the earrings but make sure these books make it into your box. But anything over 100$ return... you know I'm pretty sure Erica has a crush on you and you're going for the girl who cries herself to sleep every night over Jackson."

"Wait what?" Stiles asked.

"Doesn't matter," Percy mumbled. "What does your dad have? Because I'm stumped and I need some help."

"Y-yeah, some stuff," Stiles muttered as he pulled out his copied work his dad showed him. Percy analyzed the works as he flipped through the victims before he glanced at the yearbook. His eyes widened as his eyes shot back and forth between the victims and then flung through the yearbook.

Afraid of water

He found the swim team, and one by one the pieces came together.

Isaac's dad
The mechanic
The high school lovers
The girl at the rave
Even the Hunter

"They're all apart of the swim team." Percy muttered.

A sudden alarm broke him from his trance as he jumped and looked at Stiles annoyed.
"Party time!"

"It's the full moon," Percy stated with a sigh. "Scott?"

"I'm good," Scott murmured as he glanced towards Percy with a small smile. "Just, on edge."

"Why am I the only one excited for this?" Stiles asked.

"Derek and Nico are watching three betas that may rip there throat out because we're watching the Kanima," Scott stated bluntly. "We're not there to party we're really there to make sure Jackson is there. And if he isn't. We have to find him."

"Everything would be so much simpler if the Kanima didn't exist," Percy stated annoyed as he left the clues on stiles desk open for him to revisit. "We could all be hiding right now instead of having to be in the open."