Chapter Eight

"You know I think with everything going on, a Lacrosse game should be the least important of our issues!" Stiles exclaimed as he leaned up next to Percys locker as His brother slid a fresh t shirt on.

"It's kinda therapeutic at least," Scott replied back as he tied his shoe.

"It is," Percy stated bluntly with a shrug as he picked his bag up. "Helps us keep an eye on snake over there."  Stiles glanced across the locker room to see Jackson talking casually to Danny.

"Are you going to tell him?" Scott asked standing up.

"Not yet," Percy replied. "I want to know if he remembers anything, someone's controlling him to kill people... I wonder why.."

"And how?" Stiles added on. "How do you gain this power."

"Well, we have one option. Isn't very fun but we don't know enough about it to even know how to fight it. Being able to paralyze us makes things extremely difficult," Percy explained before looking back at his friends. "We need to get more information on what a Kanima is."

"And how do you propose we do that?" Scott asked as the three of them started to head out of the locker room.

"Derek says that the hunters, especially the big name ones like the Argents should have a book, or a list of some sorts of all the supernatural creatures they've encountered through there families history," Percy informed them. "So we need that book."

"Wow they have a dictionary for supernatural creatures... a bestiary!" Stiles exclaimed impressed.

"Yeah... sure," Percy replied shaking his head amused. "I don't know if Allison knows anything about it but nether less."

"So how do you plan on getting access to the book?" Scott asked.

"Well maybe it's not a book, it's the digital age after all. Could be a flash drive or something," Percy said as he came to a stop at his locker to grab some books. "I don't know but we need information ASAP, not only about Kanimas but for banshees and other abnormals."

"Could even find some ways to help us recognize ways to not you Teen Wolves get poisoned by my girlfriends psycho grandfather," Percy added on with a smile as he closed his locker.

"Fair," Scott agreed.
"So what's the plan?" Stiles asked.

"I'll have to talk to Allison first before I can make it any stronger but right now my idea is to rob grandpa Argent of his book of secrets," Percy replied with a shrug.

"That was a very strange way to say that," Stiles muttered raising an eyebrow at his elder brother. "Do all demigods talk like that?"

"No i just read bad mystery novels when I'm bored," Percy replied bluntly.

"Wait really?" Stiles asked his eyes widening as a wide smile appeared on his face. "What like Nancy Drew?"

"You'll never know," Percy said as he patted Stiles on the shoulder. "Ima go find Allison."

"Wait no! You can't do that to me! Percy come on!" Stiles objected as his brother walked away.

"Stiles do you really think Percy, who has the worst dyslexia of all time but reads perfect ancient- not modern- Ancient Greek, spends his time ready Nancy drew?"

"I don't know he doesn't ever seem to have a moment that doesn't revolve around the supernatural world, it'd be neat to see if he had any odd hobbies that don't involve fighting supernatural things."

"You're going to tear his apartment apart trying to find a Nancy drew book aren't you?" Scott asked.

"Perhaps."