Chapter 1

A/N - any of the news mentioned is completely made up by me and is completely fiction. This writing does not depict how these people are in real life. 

______________________________

Renjun could feel a headache beginning to form as his boss continued to scold him. It felt like he was in a movie right now, the world seemed to be going in slow motion as he stood in front of Lee Hyejin, his current boss.

The brunette felt like he could see every last detail of his boss as Renjun stood there in annoyance. The piece of mango fiber stuck in between his boss's teeth from lunch, the unbearable amount of saliva that left his mouth and landed on him when he spoke, and the streak of toothpaste that had gotten in his hair from this morning.

Everything that his boss said came in one ear and out the other, all he could think of was wiping the spit that landed on him off and leaving. After all, he has been scolded for the past few weeks about the same things over and over again.

As he stood there trying his best to keep his face neutral he fiddled with his camera case and pretended to listen to the older man in front of him.

Hyejin was currently, and has been for awhile, on his ass for his drop in sales in his papers. It's not like he didn't know what didn't make a good and eye-catching paper, it was just everyone else already took all the good headlines and topics.

Not to mention getting a newspaper to get traction in the world of technology was extremely hard right now. Their company was one of the only publishing companies currently and with JYPE overshadowing them it was hard to sell any papers.

And looking for a scandal in the large and booming city of Seoul was a pain in the ass. He's been working here for about 6 months and hasn't found anything relatively captivating.

The scandal that took Korea by storm was already being published by his fellow coworker.

The dating scandal between actor Hyunbin and Yea-ji?

Park Jisung had gotten the first picture of their kiss on a said "hangout" and was already becoming a well known photographer in the industry. Renjun would know from how much his boss had shoved it in his face. He didn't hear the end of it for a whole week when Jisung's paper started flying off the shelves, mostly when he and Jisung had joined the company at the same time.

The current hot topic about some unknown citizen dating the famous and well known actor Park Seo-joon?

A rookie who had just begun her career and just joined the company a few weeks ago was the first to get a picture and publish a paper. Renjun didn't have to think that hard to remember how Korea was in shambles from one poorly written newspaper.

To think that someone had that good of luck and Renjun was stuck with writing papers about the decline in tea buyers in Korea and the debut of a rookie idol group from an unknown company.

Renjun just wanted his luck to strike at least once so that he could get a good scoop. Was it too much to ask for from the universe or did it just hate him? Because currently he was thinking that he was the most hated person out there.

"- your next paper doesn't get any spotlight, we'll have to let you go Renjun."

If he wasn't listening before he certainly was listening now. His mind fails to comprehend the sentence for a few seconds before it catches up to him.

Renjun's mouth gapes as he finally realizes the weight of what was happening. Fired...he was really getting fired because he couldn't get a good topic to write about.

Renjun opened his mouth to begin a sentence but was too shocked to say anything. All he could do was gawk at his boss as he stared wide eyed at the older man in front of him. He swallows his pride to try and beg for another chance. "But sir-"