Chapter 13

"What do you mean Jaemin wants a report from us?" Renjun practically jumps from his seat at the news. Donghyuck only rolls his eyes as he turns up the volume on the television.

Currently the two partners were sitting on the living room couch, watching some random kdrama that was airing on the tv. Although it was some cheesy romance, the two men had a lot of fun making fun of every cliche line or action.

"It means that Jaemin wants to hear about what we gathered yesterday." Donghyuck says as if he was stupid.

Renjun resists the urge to punch the other man in the face. Of course he knew what Jaemin wanted, he just wanted to know why the hell they had to report directly to him.

Wasn't there some higher power than them but lower than Jaemin that they could report to? It's not like he hated Jaemin, but it didn't mean that Renjun was comfortable with the other man either.

Or even better, couldn't they just write some stupid report and send it off to Jaemin instead of having to directly report to him?

Renjun lets out a long sigh before sitting back down on the soft cushion below him, quickly accepting his fate. He just had to tell Jaemin what he found out, nothing big. They'd get it done in seconds and then Renjun could go back to lounging on the couch.

"He said to report to his office at 5:00. We still have like 3 hours." Donghyuck mentions; not even taking his eyes off the show playing.

The brunette sighs to himself before training his eyes on the tv. Although he was looking at the television, Renjun completely tunes out everything that was happening.

In 3 hours he would be talking to Jaemin again, one on one just like the beginning. Well not one on one since Donghyuck would be with him but it would be the closest thing Renjun would get with his boss once again.

Renjun pursues his lips as he wonders what could happen, his mind spirling into a thousand different overdramatized scenarios.

"Are you daydreaming about one of my best friends right now Renjun?"

The brunette's head snaps toward Donghyuck who was smirking at him.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Renjun is quick to respond, a blush beginning to spread along his face as Donghyuck stares at him with a knowing look.

"I'm not!" His voice is louder than he expected, and although he wasn't actually angry he sounded like it. Renjun quickly realizes and crosses his arms and looks away, refusing to look at Donghyuck who was definitely looking smug right now.

The other man laughs before shaking his head. "Yea yea you aren't thinking about your hot boss right now."

Renjun groans as he covers his red face with his hands, screw Donghyuck and his annoying comments.

He didn't even find Jaemin that hot...

________________________

The brunette unclenches and clenches his fist before wiping his sweaty palms on his shirt.

Never in Renjun's life has he wished to get new clothes or go shopping, but now, as he wore his stupid hoodie and gray sweatpants that he usually did. All he wanted was to go to the store and pick out a decent looking outfit.

He glanced beside him at Donghyuck, who was still wearing his loungewear, and although Renjun was glad that the other man was also wearing something unprofessional for a meeting with their boss.

There was a difference between him, someone who's only known Jaemin personally for a few days, and Donghyuck.

Beside him Donghyuck was walking with him, not a worry in the world as he stared at his phone. One glance at his phone and seeing the fast movement of Hyuck's thumbs, Renjun could tell that he was texting Mark.