chapter 12

The brunette knew that being too curious could end up getting him in trouble, mostly when the last time he decided to explore his curiosity he ended up getting a gun pressed into his head. So instead of trying to find out more about the tattoos on his own, Renjun decided to just look around when he walked around the building with Donghyuck.

It didn't put his life in jeopardy in any way and Renjun didnt have to do anything stupid to try and find out more about the tattoos.

But even though Renjun did look around while the two of them walked towards their room, in the end he didn’t have any clue of what the tattooed snakes could mean. He made sure to glance at every wrist he happened to cross, huffing out whenever he was met with nothing.

So far the only people he had seen the tattoo on were Jaemin, Jeno, and Mark. And although Jaemin's tattoo was significantly larger than the other two men, Renjun still couldn't tell what the difference between the two were.

They were similar, but also different in some way and Renjun wanted to know what the difference was.

“Renjun?” The said man snaps out of his thoughts to see that Donghyuck was holding the door open for him. Waiting for the brunette to walk into their shared room. (Well it was more like an apartment to be honest.)

He didn't even realize that they had made it to their home, too distracted to pay attention to his surroundings.

“Oh sorry.” Renjun quickly mumbles as he walks inside. Donghyuck says something, but Renjun was too busy thinking to himself that he didn’t hear what he was saying.

Luckily Donghyuck realizes that the other man was too distracted to listen and leaves him alone.

The two men stay for only a few more minutes inside the living room before they split off into their separate rooms to get into a more comfortable outfit and relax amongst themself.

Renjun slowly walks towards his bedroom, walking through the hallway almost zombie-like as the tiredness of the day gets to him. Although he didn’t go on many rides, just walking around for most of the day was enough to exhaust Renjun.

It was surprising that something like walking around for a few hours could tire him out so easily seeing that Renjun has been following a certain someone around for hours on end as well.

After what seems like forever, the brunette makes it to his room. He immediately flops down onto his bed, letting out a sigh of relief before turning onto his back. Renjun takes the time alone to just lay in bed, staring at the ceiling above him and thinking about anything that comes to mind.

For a second Renjun wondered how his life could change so fast. One day he was following around Jaemin, trying to get photos for his newspaper, and the next day he was living in a luxurious apartment with a comfortable bed and warm food to wake up to.

The brunette sighs as he rolls onto his side, grabbing one of his extra pillows and wrapping his leg around it to tightly hug the fabric.

He wondered what his parents were doing. What would they think of him right now? Were they okay? Did they even worry about him anymore? Did they even remember him….

Before Renjun can think any further about his parents he slaps his cheeks.

“Don’t think like that. I'm living fine now, don't think about the past.” The brunette mumbles under his breath.

All that mattered right now was that he was breathing. He didn't need his parents to live. Where were they when Renjun was struggling? Did they ever call him and check on their own son? So why did Renjun still worry about them?