Chapter 3

5 days, that's how long Renjun has spent trying to find out when Jaemin left the company. Out of those 5 days he hasn't seen Jaemin leave the building once. He was just wasting his time by now and even though he still had 26 days left, he really couldn't afford to lose any more time.

The photographer had less than 4 weeks to do everything for a newspaper that usually took him 6 weeks, and with the pace he was going at Renjun had no idea when he was even going to get the right pictures for the paper.

If he didn't have any concrete evidence that Jaemin was a mafia boss then absolutely no one would believe him. Mostly when that article online had decent evidence and almost no one believed them. To get his paper to be trustworthy he needed that evidence or his paper would completely fail.

Even with knowing that, Renjun couldn't even begin to explain how frustrated he was beginning to get. Even if it was better than just sitting next to a dumpster in an alleyway. It was still disheartening walking around the building, and then cycling, and repeating until he got too tired to do so.

And although he was bored out of his mind sitting on the concrete in the heat just staring at glass doors. At least when he sat there his feet weren't killing him and his legs didn't burn from the workout.

It honestly felt that he was working out for hours for nothing.

Mostly when he didn't even spot Jaemin once, and not to mention he had a very limited time to try and get a headline for his paper. His job was on the line and he was barely getting anywhere. At this point, Renjun really was thinking about just giving up.

He could always go back to cycling around the city and stopping at celebrity hang out areas like expensive restaurants or clubs. The only thing stopping him was the sheer amount of time he already spent trying to get a scoop on Na Jaemin. And not to mention the amount of spotlight the paper would get him if he actually pulled it off.

The brunette lets out another sigh and picks at his skin as he waits for the red light to turn green. He was just by the side of the NEO entertainment building, he was heading to circle around the back and the other side before reaching his beginning point which was his alleyway.

By now he's been walking and cycling for around 6 hours and on at least his 40th lap.

The many different lights lit around him and created a very bright and colorful area that surrounded the whole downtown. There were groups of people dressed in either clubbing, elegant, or work attire.

By the way they dressed Renjun could tell what they were coming from or where they were going. Really the groups of people walking around only added onto the bright atmosphere.

On his first day of walking around trying to spot Jaemin, he was extremely impressed by the stunning display of neon, street, and car lights. As well as the lively atmosphere of people around him.

It made him think, 'Wow, this is how Seoul is at night.' Really though, it made Renjun jealous of the people who could afford hanging out with their friends at night. Unlike him who was stuck trying to find good enough evidence for his paper so that he didn't get fired.

Though the intense lights kept him awake which he was grateful for he also despised them. When he walked down the night street it was like he was walking down a completely different country with the colorful signs and bright lights, but now all it did was give him a headache.

Renjun just wanted to go home and sleep, but the chance of spotting Na Jaemin rooted him to the ground and made him think again about leaving.

Every time he even thought about leaving the image of the CEO leaving the building right after made him rethink his thoughts. It plagued his mind and forced Renjun to stay a little longer. Then the process repeated leaving the brunette to circle around the building until now, which was 2:00 in the morning.