Chapter 10

Renjun feels his concern of not getting along with his new partner go down the drain as Donghyuck holds out for him to shake. He lets out a breath of relief he didn't know he was holding to reach out.

For one, Renjun was glad that he could have a good first interaction with the other man, and secondly for some reason Renjun was relieved that he wasn't some intimidating huge man that would leave him nervous all the time as his partner. It was sort of like a weight was being lifted off his shoulders.

"Mine is Renjun." He shows an awkward smile as he grips Donghyuck's hand, shaking once before letting go and watching him take a step towards the side to stand beside him. They stood so that they were both facing Jaemin, who was staring at the two of them with a triumphed expression on his face.

For a moment it's silent until Donghyuck clears his throat causing Jaemin to glance at him in annoyance. His new partner only flashes a small smirk as he tilts his head, almost as if he knew Jaemin wouldn't do anything to him.

As Renjun watched their interactions he couldn't help but wonder what relationship they had with each other. They had to be close to each other for Donghyuck to be able to taunt and annoy Jaemin without any repercussions.

"I've already sent the file to your shared room, Donghyuck I hope you'll be showing Renjun around?" The said man glares at Jaemin accusingly, "Are you saying that I wouldn't do that even without you reminding me?!"

Renjun almost laughs when Jaemin shoots Donghyuck the most 'are you serious' look ever, causing Donghyuck to scoff and turn to walk out the room. Renjun glances at Donghyuck leaving the room before staring back at Jaemin who was watching him.

He wonders if it would be alright to leave, but decides that it would be fine when Donghyuck calls for him to follow after. Renjun glances at Jaemin once more before jogging towards his new partner and slipping through the small crack of the door.

The large wooden doors close shut behind him with a click, and for once the anxiety completely diminishes from the pit of his stomach. Renjun could only guess that being around Jaemin did that to him, but you really couldn't blame him.

Once Renjun catches up to Donghyuck the man turns to look at him for a second.

"So, how did you really end up here?" Donghyuck's soft voice interrupts whatever he was thinking of, causing Renjun to look beside him where Donghyuck was walking a bit farther than him.

The question makes Renjun think for a moment, wondering if it would be alright to tell him how everything went down. Would it cause him to get in trouble with Jaemin?

Renjun pauses his walking to think about it, but eventually he makes up his mind and begins walking again.

Donghyuck seemed like a trustworthy person, and to be completely honest Renjun really just needed someone to talk to after all that's been going on. And if this was his new partner, he might as well get along with the other man.

Renjun briefly looks up at Donghyuck before beginning to walk, this time speeding up his strides so that he was beside him. The brunette lets out a small breath before shrugging, "He gave me the option to die or join him."

It's quiet after that, and Renjun almost misses the way Donghyuck pauses his step to gape at him. Finally his new partner jogs to catch up to him, and immediately he begins his onslaught of questions.

"Jaemin didn't just kill you? He gave you a choice? What did you do with Jaemin?" Renjun turns to look at him with confusion. "What do you mean, does he not do that a lot?"

As if he just asked the most outrageous question Donghyuck lets out a gasp and places a hand on his chest. "Of course not! Who do you take Jaemin for, a saint?!"