Chapter 5

Well, in the end there was nothing Jaemin had to get ready for because after finding out where his house was Renjun had gotten nowhere...How long has Renjun camped out near Jaemin’s house?

Renjun had been sitting around near Jaemin’s building...house...apartment? He didn’t even know what to call it when the thing was so enormous. For the last 1 and a half weeks, the brunette has sat in the sun, rain, wind, no matter the weather Renjun persisted and sat there to wait for Na Jaemin.

The brunette followed Jaemin everywhere, whether it be an expensive restaurant, club, house, Renjun always followed after close behind. Even if he couldn’t go in the building with the other man, Renjun knew where Na Jaemin was at all times.

And even though the thought of him being killed if he got caught plagued the back of his mind, Renjun couldn’t help but feel a bit more lazy and desperate. Following the CEO in a hurry without pulling on his mask or putting on his hat.

After more than 3 weeks Renjun was at his wits end. He felt like it was no use if he tried to hide anyways.

With spending so many weeks watching over Jaemin and not being caught Renjun really believed that nothing would happen. There was no way they were going to notice him all of a sudden with the time Renjun had left.

Renjun wholeheartedly believed that if the CEO hadn't caught him from the last 3 weeks, they weren’t gonna catch him in the next 2. Call him dumb and reckless but Renjun was too tired of the job to care anymore.

If he got caught, oh well it looked like he was dead.

Still, with this new mindset nothing happened when it came to Jaemin. Even with Renjun being more reckless and following Jaemin everywhere he still hasn’t found anything remotely useful.

The photographer really felt like he was doing this for nothing by now.

Renjun was probably being pulled on a leash right now by a complete stranger. The article he read that fateful night was probably complete bullshit and for some dumb reason Renjun had put all his hope into an article he randomly stumbled upon.

Really though, he was starting to regret even clicking on the damn article. Jaemin never went or did anything suspicious. He either went to the entertainment building or went to a restaurant or club.

Of course there was the high chance that Jaemin did something illegal in those buildings but it wasn’t like Renjun could enter with him and try to find out what he was doing in each building.

If he even tried he would be dead no doubt. Although at this point Renjun was just thinking about putting his life on the line and just entering the building with him. It’s not like Renjun could follow Jaemin all the way in with what he was wearing and with a 20 dollar bill in his pockets.

He was limited to waiting outside the buildings and hoping for the best. 

So Renjun was stuck with following after Jaemin like a lost and abandoned puppy. But really he was starting to lose hope for about the 10th time since he’s started trying to find evidence for his paper.

The brunette was just thinking about giving up and going back to going around the city trying to miraculously stumble upon a dating scandal. After all these weeks could you blame him for second guessing himself?

He would’ve given up at this point with any other topic he tried to write about if his career wasn’t on the line. Renjun couldn’t even think about giving up with the amount of time and effort he’s spent trying to find evidence that Jaemin was a mafia boss.

Every day, not including the one day he spent at home trying to rest his sore legs, he spent following Jaemin. By now the photographer felt like he was trying to fool himself into thinking that there was even a slight chance that the CEO was actually a part of the mafia.