Chapter 3

Up in the air, me, Groose and his lackies chased after the golden Loftwing with the bird statuette. As I flew through the sky, Ace sped up to try and get closer we were directly behind the golden Loftwing and I reached out to grab the statuette when I heard a shout. "Hey! Don't you know this my day to get all the glory?" It was Groose, I could tell this wasn't going to end well if I didn't hurry. "Yeah, you heard him! Let's see how you fly with egg on your face." One of Groose' lackies shouted the both of them started to hurl eggs at me and Ace in midair. I dodged them, thanks to Ace flying out the way and managed to get close again and I made sure I grabbed the statuette this time. I held it tight in my hands as I rode through the skies, going to show Zelda I had won. I was almost back to Skyloft when I heard a shout, "Link!" I looked up and Zelda was diving off a ledge and not whistling for Blu.

Out of panic, I told Ace to speed up and I caught her in my arms as she fell and sat him on Ace back beside me. "Zelda, for the love of god-!" She laughed. "Don't worry, I'm fine! Great flying, Link! Congratulations! Now we better get on with this ceremony!" We flew to the goddess statue and our birds flew off as we landed and Zelda turned to me. "Link, hand me that Bird Statuette you grabbed in the race. I must offer it to the goddess." I nodded and gave her the statuette while smiling. She smiled and placed in the crevice in the goddess statute and begun to play her harp. Blu and Ace flew above us as Zelda extended her hand to me and I bowed before her like a true knight. "Great goddess, guiding light and protector of our people, grant us your blessing and mercy as I act in your stead during this ceremony. Valiant youth who grasped victory at the celebration of the bird folk.... In accordance with the old ways.... I now bestow the blessings of the goddess upon you." Zelda took the sailcloth off her shoulders and handed it to me.

"The blessings of the goddess drift down from the heavens aloft a sail, which I now pass down to you." I took it in my hands and stood up. "Thank you, Zelda." We smiled at each other and I joked holding it up in the air, showing my victory. "Link! Quit goofing. This is supposed to be a sacred ritual. Remember?" She giggled, half scolding me. "You know the goddess gave a Sailcloth to her chosen hero. Of course that isn't the same on, I made that but.... I'm glad I got to give it you, Link. There's no one I'd rather have it than my brother, make sure you take good care of it, Ok?" I smiled. " Of course, sis. I promised you I'd do it didn't I?" She nodded. "Thanks for keeping your promise, Link. It means a lot to me. Now we should finish up this ritual you know what happens now right?" she asked me smirking and I gulped.

"No..." She stood closer to me, almost face to face and smiled before turning me around. "You have to jump off the statue! Look down! See that big, round design on the courtyard below? To finish the ceremony, you need to drop down right into the centre of it! Leap off the edge here. Right before you hit the ground, open up your Sailcloth! Just how brave are you? If you were really fearless you wait until the last second to use your Sailcloth. So, ready to jump?" Next I know, she pushed me! "Zelda! You've got to stop doing this!" I shouted while falling and pulled out the Sailcloth just before I hit the hard ground. Is she try to add to my list of injuries? I stood up straight, my head still slightly woozy from the sudden fall. Zelda rode Blu down to beside and she ran over and hugged me. "That was perfect! You're amazing, bro!" I smiled as did she and Ace flew down behind me. "You know, seeing as you won today...and the weather being so nice. Wanna go for a ride together through the clouds like when we were younger?"

I smiled, "Sure, Zelds! Come on, let's go!" We took to the skies and it was like when we were kids, carefree, peaceful- ".....Link? Hey, Link!" I heard Zelda pulled out of my thoughts. "Today was amazing. Watching you win the race and performing the ritual together....I always remember this. I'm so proud of you and proud to be your sister. She smiled as did I. "It really was wonderful. Come on let's fly

I nodded, the skies suddenly darken and a bright shone in our faces. Zelda and I looked away for a moment before something caught her eye and Ace ad Blu became distressed. "What is that?" Zelda asked me. I shook my head, "A tornado?" I sked both her and myself as it was black and it certainly didn't look like a tornado. It was coming straight towards us I tried to reach out to grab Zelda's hand or Blu's feathers as she shouted over the sound of the tornado. "What's going on?" Ace and Blu stopped trying to get away from it, but it was too strong. Zelda tried to pull Blu back but it was no use, I gasped as Zelda lost control and Blu must have twisted something as she fell and Zelda got sucked into the tornado falling. "Link!" I yelled out of panic and tried get Ace to fly after her but as we got close to the tornado it blew us away and I fell off of Ace far in the clouds towards Skyloft as I shouted, "Zelda!"

I was falling and I wasn't stopping, my vision was black and a voice called out. "Link...." I opened my eyes slowly and saw that same purplish light from my nightmare. "I'm waiting for you." A figure said. "The time has come for you to awaken." This was exactly like my nightmare, I'm hoping it just is another one and none of this happened in the real world. "You are vital to a mission of great importance. Link." I saw Zelda opposite me in the darkness, I gasped trying to reach out to her as we both fell in the black abyss that turned to the skies and I reached out to her as she reached out to me, the black beast from my nightmares engulfed her and swallowed her whole. I screamed as I opened my eyes and sat up in my bed, panting, noticing I was back at the Knight Academy. Was it all a dream? "....Ah you're awake." I look to my right and Robert was standing beside my bed concerned.

He spoke in a broken voice and his lip gave a quiver as he spoke. "When your Loftwing carried you back, you were limp and unconscious. I feared the worst. Fortunately, you don't appear to have any serious injuries which is extremely lucky. We can be grateful for that." I looked away from him and looked down in my lap, feeling the tears come and I sniffed. "Robert, I-I...." I couldn't get the words out as he spoke, I knew what he was going to say. "But, Link.... Where's Zelda? She was with you, was she not?" My silence didn't do good for his quivering voice. "Link, what happened? Where is your sister?" I cried, the tears flooding free, sobbing into my knees as Robert pulled a chair beside my bed and rubbed my back. "We were out flying after finishing the ceremony and Zelda wanted to go for a fly so I said yes and the skies darkened and there was bright and a black tornado and...." I panted, sobbing as I spoke.

"Calm down, son. Calm down, it's okay. Slowly." I nodded. "Then the black tornado engulfed Blu and Zelda and she fell below the clouds and I tried to save but the tornado blew me and Ace away and I fell off him and my vision went black and I don't where she is..." I sniffed as he sighed. "A black tornado, you say? Hmm. That was no ordinary storm." He stood up, going to walk to my door as I went to get out of bed, pulling my boots back on and going to stand up when Robert placed hands on my shoulders. "Now, son, you must not push yourself. You're still recovering. Tell me, when you saw Zelda today, did anything seem.....off?" He asked. I thought back and spoke.

"When we found Ace behind the waterfall, she said she'd been hearing a voice calling to her and she kept talking about what's below the clouds and she wanted to see it for herself one day. I've also been having strange dreams at night, I'm in a black abyss and there a voice calling to me and telling I'm part of a great mission and I see a big, black monster that....." I couldn't go any further. He nodded understandingly. "I see. She was talking about the surface then? And you been having these odd dreams about a great mission and a black monster? How interesting. Hmm." He stopped for a moment before patting my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I was lost in thought there for a moment. It's all very strange, but I doubt there's much of a connection between these things. I'm concerned about the both of you, but I know you're ok for now and as long as Zelda is with her Loftwing. I'm sure she'll be fine, son." I nodded as he continued somberly. "Either way, daybreak has yet to arrive, it would be very difficult to spot one girl and her bird in the dark of night. It would also be dangerous." He said beginning to walk to my door.

"Rest now, Link. Zelda's going to be fine. She's out there, my boy. I know it." He walked out and closed the door behind him. As I looked at the ground, going to take off my boots and rest as Robert said when I heard something outside my door, it sounded like a voice. I grabbed my practice sword and exited my room. I saw the same figure, standing at the bottom of the stairs as I did in my unconscious state. I walked towards it and it flew upstairs, so I followed carefully stepping not alarm anyone, specially not Robert. I followed it to the top floor entrance which it disappeared through, I exited the Knight Academy and followed the figure outside further, up towards the goddess statue. There was bars blocking the usual entrance so I followed the figure below the statue where Mia was sleeping, she heard me and turned, she was feral going to attack me. I ran away following the statue further along a ledge which I hung from and pulled myself along. I followed up a slope and over a gap up some ledges.

I followed up vines on the wall after climbing the ledges and I was in the goddess statue managing to get around the bars by following the figure. I followed around the back of the statue to the front where it disappeared through the front of the goddess statue showing there was an entrance behind the stone. The crest on the front wall of the goddess statue glowed purple and revealed the secret entrance and I entered into the black corridor, going inside the goddess statue and walking further until I saw a pedestal that held a sword that glow the same purple colour. The figure popped out of the sword and looked at me beginning to speak.