Chapter 17

After heading to Skyloft to do some things, and upgraded a few items including my new bow which I had enough materials to upgrade twice. I also bought a small quiver from Rupin, which I also upgraded. I spoke to Fledge on my way to the bazaar and I told him I would visit him before I headed off to Eldin Volcano. I had made my way to the Knight Academy and to Fledge's room, he was about way into the thousands with his push ups as I entered the room. He got up and dusted himself off as he greeted me.

"Phew! Well, that was a nice warm up! Hey, Link! I was just hoping you'd come by. I wanted to ask you something. The other day I tried lifting some barrels, and I was able to do it with one arm!" I smiled at Fledge's progress from when he first started doing push ups. "Do you think that means I've got enough muscle? What you do think, Link? Do I look strong?"
I smiled. "Yeah, bud. Too strong!" I winked as he giggled. "Aww, you're just saying that. But it's still nice to hear it. It's all thanks to you, Link. I would have gotten discouraged if you hadn't come by to cheer me on. You have me motivation! Thank you so much, Link! I could just keep going and going! Next, I'm going to train so hard that I can lift a barrel with one finger!" I chuckled at his ambitious attitude but it was good to see him finally more confident in himself and his abilities.

I exited the Academy and I made my way to the nearest diving ledge and dived off, calling for Ace and making my way towards the red pillar of light. I found the trial gate in the place where I first met Impa on the bridge to the the path up to the volcano summit. As I entered the Silent Realm of Din I felt that same feeling of nervousness in my gut. Fi of course told me that I had to pass the trial in order to get the sacred gift and I obtained the vessel once again. Let's see how this one is going to go, hopefully better than the last two.

*********
Nope! It's the worse one. It was actually the first time I failed the trial by getting caught by skywatcher on the slope and a guardian caught up to me. But alas after that failure, I managed to pass the trial this time after having to scale the mountain again to collect tears and I have to say this was just as hard as the one in Lanayru Desert with it being so spread out and with having to go up and down the mountain.

As I entered the circle at the end of the trial the vessel filled with tears transformed into a fruit like thing that held my last sacred gift inside. It burst open and a pair of bright red-orange earrings were inside these earring supposedly allowed me to bear the heat of the inner volcano. I made my way to the summit where the fire temple is, now equipped with my fireshield earrings which allowed me to explore of the harsher climates of deep within the volcano.

I made my way into the cavern where the heat used to be intolerable and my skin would burn from mere entering the place. But now I could walk through this place like a breeze to see the there was a another exit on the other side of the cavern which meant I could goo even deeper into the volcano where the sacred flame was hopefully being held.

Fi popped out as we entered the deeper region and spoke. "I have a status update for you, Master. We are now near the crater at the peak of Eldin Volcano. I am detecting extremely high temperatures in this area. However, your Fireshield Earrings will allow you for extended periods of exploration. I made my way through this fiery Cavern until I got to an exit that lead to another cavern. I found myself in another cavern that had a golden arch interior and fire blocking the way, Gorko was standing staring confusingly at the flames. "Hey! Are you here looking for Goddess Cubes too? Nice work getting past that hot spot back there, bud. The heat back there did not bother me a bit, but these flames righty here are another matter. I wish there was something we could do to put out these flames."

There was a stone tablet in the room that said 'Quench my thirst to clear your path.'  I told Gorko this and he scratched his head in confusion. "Quench my thirst? Hmm......That reminds me. If you head back out of here and turn right, you will end up outside. I found a spring there. Let me tell you, bud, that water was dee-licious! No idea how you would bring it in here though. I doubt those weird-looking frog beasts would carry it for you. Got any ideas?"