Chapter 13

Inside the Thunderhead, it was just like sounded. An everlasting thunderstorm, pouring rain, lighting popping out every few minutes and enemies swarming the place. I saw through the fog, a tower in distance where the beam of light was cutting through the clouds to. I headed towards that tower and dived off Ace onto it. As I landed, Fi popped out. "Master Link, I have memories of this island. It is known as the Isle of the Songs. Signs indicate that it was left here for you by the goddess, Master. However, I am unable to determine a means of entering the structure ahead. I suggest you investigate the area." I nodded, as she flew back into the sword and I read the stone tablet in front of me. "Rotate the center pedestal to complete the bridge allows you to step on to the great tower on the Isle of Songs."

I looked around me and there was many things I could move and turn, it was an arduous process having to change things to fit around certain bit or there was one certain part of the bridge I couldn't line up right. It was definitely an arduous process though I could think of many more words to describe it. I walked across the completed bridge, admiring the tower in front of me and saw that a hole in the wall was the only entrance. So I crawled through it, reaching the end I got out and marveled at the room before me. It was beautiful and empty at the same time, it had this feel to it and I saw a crest ahead of me like in the springs so I raised my sword and struck it with a Skyward Strike. It lit up and turned as a light from above showed and a goddess statue appears before me.

Fii popped in front of me. "Master I have important information. When you struck the crest with a Skyward Strike from your sword, a message from the  goddess awakened within my memory. The goddess intended this message for you, Master. These are her words. Fi was basked in the golden light as she recited the message. "He who seeks the sacred flames, listen well, for I guide you from my place at the edge of time. The sacred flames are three in number. To obtain them, you must also earn relics known as the three sacred gifts. For each of the trials you overcome, you shall be bless with one of the sacred gifts. Make use of the power of these gifts, and you will find your way to the purifying sacred flames. Now, I bestow unto you a melody. It will serve you as a key, opening the first trial that awaits you deep in the wilds of Faron Woods." 

I readied my harp as the melody was taught to me and Fi flew around the room with a green light trail. "That song is called Farore's Courage. Its rousing melody will guide you." The goddess statue disappeared again as Fi spoke. "Master, you must overcome the trials set before you and obtain the three gifts to reach the sacred flames. I have committed Farore's Courage to memory. Now you can use your dowsing ability to search for the gate leading to the first trial you must face. I suggest you set off for Faron Woods as soon as you are ready." Fi flew back into the sword and I exited the tower.

Heading to the edge and whistling for Ace, heading out of the thunderhead and heading to the green pillar of light that lead to Faron Woods. I descended to the viewing platform that was in front of the path that led to the temple. "A report, Master Link. I have detected the aura of a Trial Gate nearby. If you can pinpoint the origin of the aura using dowsing. I conjecture the song you learned at the Isle of Songs, Farore's Courage, will reveal the gate. I used my dowsing ability and saw that a large circle in front of the platform was where I was led. A blueish circle with a flower like design appeared as I strummed my harp.

I did the extract same thing I did at the Tower of Light in Skyloft, instead using the song go Farore's Courage to the light circle as Fi sang. "Something here is reacting to our performance of Farore's Courage. I have confirmed the appearance of a strange mark on the ground. I calculate a 90% probability that this mark is a Trial Gate, as mentioned by the goddess statue we heard from on the Isle of Songs. Thrust your sword into the center of the mark on the ground before you." I did as Fi said and thrusted my sword into the center of the mark and I felt myself being transported somewhere as I held on to my sword. I opened my eyes, knees on the ground as I no longer had my sword or shield. I was confused, where was I? It was a deeply eerie place, my entire body glowed a white light as did the woods around me. But this wasn't Faron Woods, it was somewhere else. "Master Link." I was relived to hear Fi's voice even though I didn't have my sword with me.

"As expected, I cannot follow you into this realm, for this trial calls out to your mind alone." Uh....ok, I was still extremely confused and she may not be able to follow me but Fi could still communicate just fine so I don't see the issue. "This is the nature of places known as Silent Realms. They are domains of the spirit, accessible only to the goddess's chosen hero. This particular trial, Farore's Silent Realm, tests the limits of your courage. Your spirit has temporarily separated from your physical body so that you may undertake this challenge. To reach this location of the flames that will enhance your sword, it is necessary for you to overcome this trial and undergo spiritual growth."

I nodded before gasping as I saw a blue light coming from my chest, a little ball of light emerged from my chest and turned into a plant of sorts. There was a flower at the top and lots of little balls on the vines. "That is your Spirit Vessel. When this vessel is full, it will signify you have successfully completed the trial, allowing your spirit to grow. This, in turn, will allow the goddess to bless you with a new power. To fill the Spirit Vessel, you need to search for something known as Tear of Farore. There are many of them spread across this strange world. Master, do you see the glowing object just front of you?" I nodded as I saw a small glowing object in from of me at the stairs of the viewing platform. That is a Tear of Farore. You will need to collect 15 of them." I get out a breath. "15?! Oh come on, Fi. That's not fair. I'm not going to enjoy this."

Fi continued, ignoring my words. "However this is not as simple a task as it would seem." Oh yeah, cause it sounds so easy already, I swear Fi does not understand sarcasm. "Your work in this realm is referred to a trial for good reason. If you take even a single step outside the protective circle you stand in, the Guardians of this realm will wake up and pursue you, Master. If a Guardian manages to land even a single hit on you, your spirit will shatter and you will fail the trial." Well, that's not at all terrifying, oh goddess I'm going to die here. "You must collect the tears scattered throughout this area and fill the Spirit Vessel without being hit by an attack."

I nodded and took a deep breath, ok no need to panic just don't get hit I've done worse things than this. "Was my explanation clear, Master? Do you want me to explain again?" "No, thank you Fi. I think I got it." I was ready, I can do this. "Understood, Master. I will be eagerly awaiting your return in the outside world. May the goddess watch over you, Master." I looked around, deciding to step out of the circle and all hell broke loose.

*******

That was worse than ANYTHING! That place should not be considered a joke or "simple" as Fi called, and she was right, it was anything but simple! I have never had my heart race so fast in my life, the constant fear and panic of being seen by the watchers, if seen the chase of trying to find a tear before a Guardian shatters your soul and hope of progress, the trying to avoid waking water which also triggers Guardian into a death run. Ugh, I am SO glad that's over.....for now at least. As I got back to the protective circle, the tears formed in like a fruit that burst open and one of the sacred gift from the goddess was revealed before I exited the Silent Realm as quickly as possible.