Chapter 15

AN: Not going to be describing temples much cause I feel like there's nothing more boring than me explaining Link's every move in the Ancient Cistern, so I'll skip some things.

Dowsing through the woods led me back to the Skyview temple. I groaned staring at the entrance, why did it have to be here? It couldn't have been in the lake or anything, no, of course not. That would have been too easy.

I trailed all the way through the temple once again, although it was a little easier than the first time of course. I got to the room where I first met Ghirahim where I found three stalfoes which were annoying to fight at the same time but I managed it with a few bumps and hits, as soon as they were defeated the room lit up and I walked through the door to the Skyview spring where Fi popped up telling me there was sacred water nearby, I guess as much considering this was a sacred spring. I collected some into one of my empty bottles, hoping it was enough and started to make my way out of the temple back towards the Water Dragon.

*******
I walked up to the platform as I got into the hall and stood in front of the Water Dragon. "Hmm.... Yes! Just look at that colour. There's no doubt this is the water I need. Quickly, boy, pour it into my basin!" I did as asked and she disappeared into the basin before it shook and she flew out of it in her true form and wow! She was huge! "Mmmmm! Exquisite! I can feel its energy surging through me! Behold the full majesty of Faron, Water Dragon and guardian of these lands! I stand tall--healed and whole once again! Human. You have done well to bring me the sacred water I asked you for. I see now it was no coincidence that you completed the goddess's trial and obtained a Water Dragon's Scale. In turn, I will grant you the favor you have asked of me and lead you to the sacred flame of my land. Come." She brought me to through the back entrance of the hall to the flowing waterfall that gave Lake Floria waterfalls its name.

"Now.....Behold." She made the waterfall rise up to the peak and reveal a Carp's mouth that held an entrance to a temple. "Go. The sacred flame you seek lies within this place. While the waterfall has barred entrance to this place for many years, monsters have still found a way in......and inside they flourish. Ah, but you are the goddess's chosen hero. Swatting a few monsters will be no trouble for you. I imagine you and I will cross paths again. Until then, do not lower your guard. Farewell." She flew off, leaving me to enter temple and search for the flame.

**********

This had to be one of the biggest places I had been to up to this point, it was really tall and wide with lots of different mechanics and hidden signs to make progression in the temple. And the more I explored the bigger this place got, somehow through a lot of exploring, swimming and switching mechanics I found myself in a creepy underground like cavern that's beneath temple's waters, being spit out a sewage pipe. I found a whip in a chest deep within temple a few rooms back which was already to be proven useful like most of my items, I used it steal a key off a wandering Bokoblin. I looked through a large gate which let me see further down the cavern area which I saw a familiar white chest which I knew would hold a key for me to get through the door to the room that held the sacred flame.

After so much trekking back and forth between the surface of the temple and the underground below it, I found myself in an even deeper underground which seemed to be a underworld of sorts that creepily shook me to my core with all the crimson coloured water which I don't want to know what it really is. But there was something much worse: Cursed Bokoblins. These jerks are brutal, they take so many hits and they just reappear despite that. It wasn't so bad when they were alone but when they were in groups that's when it was harder to keep up my defense against them whilst killing them. I made my to a part of the cavern where there was a light coming from above and a string like rope coming from there too, the floor was just a bones. Piles and piles of bones which honestly made me feel extremely sick at the thought of. I walked up to the mount of bones in the centre of the floor, took a deep breath and started to climb the rope. I heard something below me as I started climbing and I looked down.

Uh-oh

Loads and loads of Cursed Bokoblins emerged from the floor of bones and started to climb the rope, chasing after me. I heavily breathed as I climbed as fast as I could because I couldn't bare the thought of one of them grabbing me from this rope and making fall from this height and the what they would do to me once I fell. No, no it make me shiver and feel physically ill, I breathed a long sigh of relief as i reached the top grabbing onto ledge and i turned the statue back to its original state before descending back to the land of hell. I found the white chest that I had longed to see and found a wooden statue that I could use for the door to the flame. I climbed up the rope of hell again but found nothing chasing me this time, well that was something at least. My next objective was to head to the very top of the statue and see where I can encounter the flame.

*******

Opening the door with wooden statue and inserting it into the keyhole the door above me opened and I used my whip to turn a few flywheels which made the statue itself start to rise. I saw in front of me a long staircase which I took a deep breath and walked up entering a room with many ancient robot like parts around the room. I heard a familiar chuckle and looked up, there perched on top of one of the ancient parts was Ghirahim. He looked at me and smirked. "You certainly are persistent.... I'm terribly busy trying to find the clues that will help me revive the demon king." I stood in a stance like I wanted to fight but the longer that I held my feelings in, the more I just wanted to tell him how I felt. But I knew it wouldn't end well, he would probably kill me.....unless he felt the same way, no he couldn't, he wouldn't, he's the enemy.

He sat up and pointed at me with a glare. "Your incessant buzzing around my head like some irksome gadfly when I'm THIS busy is...... Well, it's making me very disagreeable......" He lowered his voice to a mutter. "Damn Skychild, why can't you be this persistent with me instead of the spirit maiden." I heard him mutter as he snapped his finger and disappeared in his flurry of diamonds as usual. Did Ghirahim feel the same way? Was he just as scared of the consequences if he were to confess? I didn't have much more time to think about it the large robotic body he was sitting atop of started to pulse and come together with its many arms and weapons. Let's begin.

********

That was an intense fight, I mean whoa. There was so many things coming at me at once that it was hard to keep track of, especially when it gained legs and had a cage shielding its weak point, then attacking me with its six blade wielding arms. But it wasn't long before the ancient robot was defeated with a few slashes on my body I was mostly ok as I entered the room ahead. Inside was large dark room with a crest in front of me that struck with a Skyward Strike. A symbol above it which was the same symbol from the gate in Faron woods glowed green as the round pot holding the crest inside suddenly emerged a green flame. I had to shield my eyes as Fi popped out and engulfed herself in the flame, I covered my eyes as a she flew about the room as a green ball of light, she landed in front of me still engulfed in the green flame as she spoke. "Raise your sword, Master." I did so and the green flames came rushing at me absorbing into my sword, making it glow.

I raised it Skyward and the sword transformed becoming longer and sharper. I swung around to get a feel of it before sheathing it away. I gasped as I felt a tingle in my hand and as I brought out in front of me the back of my hand started to glow through my glove. Three triangles appeared but only the one in the lower right corner glowed bright. Fi popped out and spoke to me. "The sacred flame has purified your blade, enhancing and evolving it. With your sword now enhanced, you are ready to learn a new melody. We should return to the Isle of Songs." I nodded and exited the temple with new objective in mind.