Chapter 10

I had made my way back to Skyloft, still upset from what happened at the Earth Spring and I snuck away to the goddess statue making sure no one saw my tearstained face and entering to go towards the altar. I slotted the next tablet that I had gotten from the spring that had a yellow gem this time which I could only assume opened another pillar of light to a different part of the surface. As Fi informed me so, I nodded walking out. I have decided to compose myself and there's use wallowing over what has happened, I've had time to think and I'm heading towards that yellow pillar of light  immediately so that woman can't say anything about me being late this time.

As it was when entering Eldin, entering this area was hot and I could tell this wasn't going be easy to  navigate at all, specially with all this broken ground and goddess knows what kind of enemies were crawling around these parts. "Master, we have arrived at Lanaryu Mine. This arid region was transformed into a desert over course of several hundred years. My projections show that Zelda must have traveled through out this area." Fi popped back into the sword and I begun to venture forward.

*******

Ok, this place was big and the mines I have just trailed through was a drag! I am so tired, and I know that still have a ways to go. This place has one thing that makes it different: Timeshift Stones that give you the ability to time travel which change the surrounding area and show what this whole region was like hundreds of years ago before this place become a desert. Shifting through time was strange but it got me through this place just fine and I had found myself in a actual desert  outside the mines that had those annoying enemies that according to Fi were called Ampilus. They were like shrimp creature and the had large shells they roll in and electrify. That's another thing this place was booming with, electricity. I'm glad I didn't bring my Iron shield or I would have had a lot of shocks by now. I was right, Lanaryu Desert was not a pushover place. The sinksand alone was dangerous enough without the electric enemies and the time travelling mines crawling with all sorts of enemies.

There was so many timeshift stones here in this new area and there was a large dead tree stump in the middle atop a large rock. But when hitting a timeshift stone that large dead stump turned into a beautiful blooming tree that I was able to ride a mine cart through, getting closer to the place where Zelda's aura was coming from. I looked ahead after getting out the minecart and the place I needed to go was right there but a large pile of rubble was obstructing the way and I saw a familiar face I haven't seen since Faron Woods I believe, Gorko.

"Good to see you, bud! Seems like you pop up everywhere! Though I am one to talk....Anyway, bud, there's something I am dying to tell you. It is the discovery of the century! This is the sacred place known as the Temple of Time. I could not believe my eyes when I saw a human who lives on the legendary Isle of the Goddess! It wore clothes just like the ones written about in the ancient manuscripts! And it looked just like you, bud! It came with another person....and they entered the temple! I wanted to chase after them....But there was an explosion and well you can see for yourself, bud. I do not think we are getting past this mess. I just wish we could find out what is happening on the other side!" I nodded and yet again there was another obstacle between me and Zelda.

I made my way out of this area timeshifting between the past and present, and seeing there was multiple things I had to activate around the desert. there was three different machines I had to activate to activate a big machine in the middle of the desert. After activating all three, one was water, one was fire, and one was lightning which all had respective symbols showing which machine was which. This added the respective symbols on the end of the metal sticks on the big machine in the middle of the desert. I made my way back to the massive machine that now had all three symbols and I stuck my sword into the machine and turned the water symbol to the left and pushing it in watching light up a light blue, turning the fire symbol all the way to the right and pushing in for the second circle to turn red and finally keeping the lightning bolt symbol upright and pushing in seeing the smallest circle turn yellow.

The whole machine pushed in after pushing in all three symbols and lighting them up and a building erupted up from the sand behind the machine. I looked up at the large building and decided to enter seeing how this could help get to the other side of that rumble and how I could get to Zelda and help her with her destiny if I could not take her home just yet. This was the underground mining facility everyone was talking about and I could it was going to take me a while.

********

That was exhausting. There's no other word for it, it was physically exhausting. That place was bigger and more complex than any temple I've been in so far. There was so many I had to timeshift things around and make different pathways, using different equipment to defeat enemies and make my way forward in the temple. Speaking of equipment, I found inside there a vacuum type device that could blow out endless gusts of wind which was helpful to clear paths of dust and to use on certain enemies  and added to my list of equipment. As I reached the end of temple area much like before I found a door that only a specific gold carving which I found in a white chest deep within the facility this one was looked like it part of something and its surface inlaid with circuitry and to no surprise it slotted right in opening the door before me and letting me see what encounters I was going endure in here.

Sand was the first I saw, the entire floor was covered in sand and you know it's never good when the floor starts to move beneath you. Something was hiding under the sand, a huge and I mean HUGE scorpion erupted from the ground and started to try to snip me with its large pinchers, I got both of the pinchers off and used my gust bellow to uncover it before it popped out again and I gave another few slashes to kill it. After it died the floor started to move again but in a good way as all the sand lowered and I managed to get through another glowing door. Using my beetle to hit another timeshift stone and alit a beautiful room which I ridden a minecart through and walked up the stairs in front of me once I got out the minecart.

Exiting the temple, I was very glad to see I was now on the other side of the pile of rubble blocking the way to where Zelda was. I walked along the path and saw there was bridge in the middle so I decided to head for that and I looked opposite me across the very large gap that the bridge covered was Zelda and the woman who insulted me, they were standing in front of the gate of time I heard about, Zelda was playing her harp and walking towards the gate. She turned and saw me smiling, I smiled, I was going to get to her this time and no one was going to stop me! We started to run towards each other, an explosion came from the rubble and I had to cover my face to avoid the dust from the collision. Of course, something had to happened! It's never that simple! I looked up from my arm and saw a flash of crimson and white land in front of the rubble.

It was Ghirahim.

I started to run towards him and Zelda, but Ghirahim raised his sword and a barrier of diamonds stop me from going any further. I gasped as Ghirahim chuckled and I swear I heard him speak. "Sorry cutie, can't let you ruin this." I saw Ghirahim started to charge towards the woman and Zelda. "Impa!" I heard Zelda shout as she charged towards Ghirahim. So Impa was her name? She held up a barrier of blue against Ghirahim's sword as he try to penetrate it. "Your Grace! Quickly, to the gate!" She shouted. "Link!" I looked across from me and Zelda held up her harp, smiling. "Link, here! You'll need this where you're going." She sent her harp over to me and I caught in my arms