Chapter 19

Link's POV

That was an..... interesting fight to say the least. Ghirahim certainly had some new moves but it seemed like he was trying very hard. I mean he was my enemy, wasn't he supposed to stop at nothing to stop me from rescuing Zelda. He was using her to revive his master, so why wasn't I beat down and bloodied? I swear I saw a flash of hurt, realisation and regret in his eyes when I got hit during the fight and it created a little slash on my arm. But it faded as the fight ended. "Enough of this foolishness.... I am Ghirahim, Demon Lord!" He was struggling to get the words out as he held his head, I don't think it was just the battle with me he was fighting, he clearly was trying to decide between his own thoughts and feelings and his duty to revive his master. He looked and sounded like the same evil enemy I had between fighting since Zelda got kidnapped but something wasn't right.

"It shouldn't matter how powerful you sword is, you are still nothing...." He paused somberly. "Not just a human..... A human child! And yet you prevail!" Hello? A child? I'm 17 years old, I'm not a child! "Why don't you just let me help you, you filthy scamp!" There was venom but why would he say he wanted to help me, there was definitely something not right. He stalked up to me slowly with glaring eyes. "Do you know how hard this is for me?! I want to help you, you stupid Skychild! But my master, I have to help him...." I furrowed my eyebrows as he got closer, rich chocolate eyes still holding a glare as he breathed heavily out his nose. His mouth hovered over mine I could feel his breath, I held mine and gulped all I wanted to do was lean forward and kiss him. Just as I brushed my lips against his, he sucked in a breath and stepped back, beautiful brown eyes previously filled with hate and anger now filled with worry as he stepped further back.

"No, I can't, it's not right. I have things to do. Just be careful, please I can't bear the thought of you hurt but I can't betray him he's my master." I sighed. "Why are you doing this? One minute you want to destroy me and calling me names, the next you're almost kissing me and telling me you can't bear to see me hurt, what the hell?" He looked up at me. "I'm sorry, alright. I can't help it, sometimes your incessant need to interfere with my plans to revive my master is incredibly annoying but there's something I can't deny about you.... I like you. I'm not sure what this feeling is as I'm sure it's not love so I'm at a lost." I was confused, of course it was love, well new love. Why wouldn't it be? Like when you meet someone and there's a spark that immediately attracts you to them.

Well, that's how it felt to me that is, I don't know about Ghirahim but I better shatter his illusion and tell him the truth. I chuckled slightly. "Ghirahim, of course it's love. It's attraction, it's warm feelings, it's first kisses, it's finding someone that makes you feel so good inside, that makes you feel worthy. That's what love is. And I don't know about you but that's what I'm feeling. I like you, I have since I met you in the Skyview temple. And every we meet I'm just happy to see you, even though we fight I know that something feels right here. Something I don't want to let go of." He looked at me in confusion.

"No, it can't be love. I'm not capable of it. Even if I was, it doesn't exist. Master told me so, and he's always right. So, hero, I know I'm not feeling love. The only thing that could happen is something sexual, which I don't think would make anybody happy. So if you'll excuse me, I have things to do. Later, Skychild." He disappeared in a flurry of diamonds as usual and I stood shocked. How could Ghirahim think that? That he's not capable of love? No one is incapable of love, it's a natural feeling. It makes me wonder how Ghirahim's master really treats him and if he's even worth reviving. But I feel like something worse would happen if Ghirahim betrayed or disobeyed him which isn't right.

I sighed, walking across the room to the the room where the last sacred flame was. I raised my sword skyward and struck the crest as the ritual of the sacred flame began for the last time. My sword transformed completely looking very different. I gasped as I felt the tingle in my hand and I looked, the glowing triangle was complete. Fi popped out and to be honest it was one of the first times I had expected her to say something about the current situation. "Master, now that is has been tempered by the last of the sacred flames, your blade has finally revealed its true form. You now hold the Master Sword." Wow, that's great. I mean no more sacred flames, no more trekking the unknown and finally and most importantly. No more silent realms! Thank the goddess! "With this sword's great power, you can awaken the Gate of Time within the Sacred Temple. I recommend you make your way to this location."

Fi popped back into the sword and I made my way back to the Sealed Grounds.

********
I found Groose there upon arriving and a large piece of wooden machinery on a rail track outside which Groose won't tell me what it's for. I spoke to the old lady woman and she was impressed with my sword now the Master Sword. She looked up at me. "Come, Link. You must now open the Gate of Time. Now that the sacred fore dwells within your blade, strike the Gate of Time with a Skyward Strike and it will surely awaken. Climb upon the pedestal, and show the gate your sword's power!" I nodded, walking up to the gate and raising my sword, it lighting up with the power within. But then.....

The ground shook a familiar feeling, it was the Imprisoned. "No.... I fear the seal has given way once again. That terrible Brest is awakening as we speak. It is likely that the monster reacted to the sacred power given off by your sword. I wish it had not happened, but there was no other way to open the gate. So it goes.... Link, you must imprison the beasts once again."

*******
I huffed a sigh of relief as I restored the seal with my sword and the beast was imprisoned once more. Turns out Groose actually became useful during that fight, his new 'toy' came in handy in knocking down the beast to stop it climbing levels. Once I was back in the Sealed Temple, Groose has gone back in before me and I stood in front of the old woman and the Gate of Time again.

"It dreams you were successful in imprisoning the monster again. You have my thanks, Link. As do you, Groose." She turned to him. "I do not wish to dwell on what would have happened if you two hadn't been here." It turned out the old woman was the one who helped Groose to stop moping around and actually help. "Link, you must wonder just what it is you've been fighting out there in the great pit." Well, yeah and no I guess, I mean I know it's the imprisoned but that's all I know so I am kinda curious.

"There is much I could tell you, but suffice to say it is the root of the evil we face. When you pass through the Gate of Time, you shall learn more. We may seal it and reseal it into its prison a thousand times, but it will always shatter the bonds that confine it. Such is its awesome power. We must destroy it at its source or we will suffer this fate again and again. There is no time to lose. Hit the gate with a Skyward Strike."

I did as I was told just like I was going to before when I originally got here. The crest glowed and lit up the entire stone, that transformed brightly into like the Gate I saw at Lanayru Desert and stood proudly. I turned back to the old woman after the gate reactivated and I sheathed my sword. "Do not fear it. This is what we have waited for. At long last, the gate has been reactivated. Standing before you is a path that transcends the flow of time. It is a portal to the past.... to the very place where Zelda now waits." Could this be it? Finally? "Go bravely, Link. If everything is as I suspect, the reunion with your dear sister Zelda you've fought so hard for lies beyond this gate."

I nodded, looking back at the old woman and Groose one more time before stepping through the gate to the past.