Chapter 4

The figure stood in front of me and spoke. "The one chosen by my creator. I have been waiting for you. You will play a role in a great destiny. According to your social customs, I should provide you with my personal designation. Fi is the names I was given. I was created for a single purpose, long before the recorded memory of your people. I must aid you in fulfilling the great destiny is your burden to carry. Come, Link. You must have take up this sword. As the chosen by my creator, it is your destiny. I gasped, looking at Fi as she continued. "The strange dreams troubling your sleep. My sudden appearance. Uncertainty surrounding the fate of the one you hold dear. Under the circumstances, it is only logical that you would exhibit some apprehension. To minimize your uncertainty, allow me to share some information. My projections indicate that this information has a high probability of altering your current emotional state. The one you seek, honorable Zelda, is still alive." I gasped, relived that Zelda was at least alive I still don't know where she was but I'll find out.

"And this spirit maiden.....the one you call Zelda....is another chosen one fated to be a part of the same great mission. Therefore, should you wish to meet with the one you call your sister, I highly recommend you take up this sword before you set out to search for her. Does that information invigorate you? Are you ready to accept this sword?" I ran up towards the sword when Fi floated in front of me. I looked up at her, "Can you..." I pointed to the sword behind her. "It seems that further persuasive measures will not be required." I nodded as she floated aside. "In the name of my creator, draw the sword and raise it skyward." I walked up to the sword's pedestal and slowly pulled it out and raised above my head where light shone onto the sword and it glowed, bathing in the light above me.

Fi looked at me as I raised the sword. "Recognition complete, Master...Link...My master." Master? Alright, then. The sword lit up the room still and I lowered it. "Link!" I heard behind me, I gasped as I recognized the voice. I might get in trouble now, I saw Robert enter from the dark corridor and stared at me in bewilderment. "I've had my suspicions, but until now I wasn't sure. Yet here we are in the Chamber of the Sword, the very place where it was foretold the youth of legend would one day appear but I never thought it was be my own son." I turned to him, sheepishly smiling, sword still in my hand. "It is said that this place was left by the goddess herself. The very knowledge of this room's existence is a secret passed down to a select few each generation, along with a handful of words... When the light of the goddess's sword shine bright, the great apocalypse will wake from its long slumber. Do not fear, for it is then a youth, guided by my hand, shall reveal himself in a place most sacred."

Robert stepped closer to me smiling. "It started days ago. The sword that I've kept secret all these years...It began to give off a faint, otherworldly light. At first I was sure I was seeing things, here alone with the sword. There was simply no other explanation. I never dreamed the prophecy of legend would come to pass in my lifetime and to my children. The words I have sworn to keep secret are coming true before my very eyes. The youth will be guided by one born of the blade-one who is also youthful in likeness yet wise with knowledge immeasurable." Fi nodded as Robert finished. "Oral tradition, one of the least reliable methods of information retention and transmission. It appears that critical sections of the passage have been lost over the generations." Robert and I looked at each other as Fi spoke and floated in front of us. "The youth who draws forth the guiding sword shall be known as the goddess's chosen hero, and it is he who possesses an unbreakable spirit."

"He shall burdened with the task of abolishing the shadow of apocalypse from the land. Such is his destiny. With the spirit of the blade by his side, he shall soar over the clouds and plummet below... And united with the spirit maiden, shall bring forth a piercing light that resurrects the land." I gasped at Fi's words, Robert had his hands on my shoulders just as shocked as I was. I remember what Zelda said about Robert having texts about the surface in the academy. "Master, you must embark on a great journey beneath the clouds to the vast realm of the surface. It is only through this journey that you can fulfill the mission set before you by creator, the goddess. It is also the only method available for you to reunite with the spirit maiden, honorable Zelda." Robert shook his head. "No, I will not lose both of my children, surely there is another way. The world below is a forsaken place, my son cannot go there, he would need to pierce the cloud barrier below to even reach it, I do not want to put him in danger."