Chapter 24

I groaned, getting up from my knees after Ghirahim had ran off with Zelda. I closed my eyes, breathing to get my strength back but I felt tears prick my eyes, not only cause I had lost my sister just as I got her back but also that Ghirahim wasn't listening to me how could he not see how Demise was hurting and using him. I ran through the gate hoping to resolve both issues.

As I reached the other side of the gate Impa was crouched down and I saw she was injured, clearly because of Ghirahim and she tried to protect Zelda. I told her that I was going to stop him and saved Zelda as I ran out the door, seeing the massive pit that was still here in the past. As I looked down into the pit, seeing Ghirahim at the bottom with Zelda as I went to run down the spiral I heard a snap. Suddenly, diamond barriers surrounded the spiral which meant I would have to take the long way round all the way down. I saw Ghirahim waving his arms over Zelda's floating body in front of him, humming a tune to himself, he looked up at me chuckling. Speaking loud enough for me to hear him. "Hear me, my hordes! The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns! Until then, you WILL keep that whelp from interfering with my ritual. I don't care if the whole lot of you get lodged on the end of his blade. You will but me the time I need! Do not fear him.... Fear my wrath if you fail me!"

Hundreds of Bokoblins charged towards me and I pulled out my sword immediately and got down to business.

**********

I breathed heavily, blade still in my hand when I got to the bottom of the pit. I looked at Ghirahim and spoke. "Ghirahim! Please don't do this, I can help you escape. You can have a different life, away from Demise!" He chuckled evilly. "And tell me, cutie, why would I want to do that? I have a perfectly fine existence with my master. I definitely don't like you or you cute little traits or anything like that!" He raised a barrier of diamonds around him and Zelda, I sighed knowing I wouldn't get through to him now. But I decided a different approach might be best here. "Ghirahim, you know what I said in the fire sanctuary. Love exists, and I'm sorry but I have fallen in love with you. I like you. But I don't like this, kidnapping and using my sister to revive someone who's never gave a damn about you! Now if you let me help I can save you both from Demise, it doesn't have to be this way..... You can do this, you can break free. How do I know? Because I love you and let me tell you something. Love is the strongest weapon anyone could ever hope to possess."

I sighed looking at him, seeing a flicker of change in his eyes. Flicker of regret. Flicker of love. "I-I It doesn't matter if I like you or not, it doesn't matter if love exists and that is what I feel every time I see you. I can't escape, I'm too far gone....." The flicker was gone. "You're far too quick, boy. I realise that simple child like you knows nothing of magic but spells like this take time and a steady hand. Can't you wait like a good little hero?! He wrung his hands in frustration. "No, I won't wait! Whatever you're fighting inside, don't let it win! You can stop it, I know you can!" He laughed. "How? Because you love me! Well, at least you'll die happy then considering you seem so intent to hurry to your grave, I'll gladly show you the way!" Zelda shot up into the sky as Ghirahim growled, I held my glare. "Ghirahim, I know you're better than this. We could have a life together, us together in Skyloft and you'll never have to be a servant to anyone again, I can make you happy."

He shook his head slowly as black diamonds started to consume him. "Foolish boy, I AM happy. I've spent long enough without love so I don't need you in the way introducing it. You won't get away with your life this time, dear Skychild. No heroic escapes or close calls. That I promise!" The magic around him built and suddenly were both being risen on a platform made of his magic. Ghirahim stepped out of the flurry of diamonds, looking extremely different from usual. His body was entirely black, skin metallic looking in a pattern of white markings. His eyes pure white, his hair now in stand up style in a slight fringe and a large sliver diamond in the center of his chest. "You can't do anything now, you can't save anyone now. It's too late!" I didn't want to have to fight Ghirahim again but I guess I need to, to end this, for good.

"Ghirahim, please. Know that I love you and we'll get through this together." I smiled lightly and hopefully but it was short lived as Ghirahim growled. "No, I'll show you what happens when you get attached to your enemies, you stupid boy! You'll only get hurt in the end..... but Enough! You stand before a demon or should I say a weapon without mercy!" I gasped as Ghirahim shifted into a black jagged blade for a split second, so he was a demon and a sword spirit just like Fi..... That's what he meant when he said he was bound to Demise and that he couldn't escape it. That was the thought in my head as the fight begun.

********

Ghirahim groaned, trying to get up with the pain fo his chest wound from the sliver diamond being destroyed, now a orangey-red colour. He staggered and dropped the slim sword he was using to fight with, he fell to his knees and panted as the gem from his chest was making hard for him to breathe. I sighed, hating to see him hurt. "You know, I love you and even if we don't get through this together I hope you will at least. For me." He panted, looking at me. "You're..... Not bad, hero, not bad at all. If you can stop him, do so. If you somehow stop the Demise from taking over, maybe we can have a life together but I don't you can change anything now, Skychild. I'm sorry." He said with a frown as if the madness has stopped and he's realised everything about this and Demise.

"I can fight him and put a end to this." He chuckled lowly. "I sure hope so." Zelda began to scream above us, I looked up seeing the light consuming her more and more. It pained me so much to see my sister in such pain. I looked down seeing the portal start to glow red as black smoke arose. Ghirahim grabbed my arm and pulled me close as I held my shield up and the imprisoned was in front of me once more. I held onto Ghirahim as he looked at me as the imprisoned started to glow. "Listen, Link whatever happens know that despite my previous thoughts. I think I love you too. You kind of opened my eyes a little and I must thank you for that. But for now, we fight." He smirked and winked at me, stepping away from me as the smoke began to form again and Zelda's cries got louder. The beast glowed purple and a whirlwind appeared around it. "I've always admired you, dear boy." I heard Ghirahim say as the smoke began to clear revealing a tall, burly figure. I smiled, we would get through this.