Chapter 16

AN: Again, not explaining all of the Sand sea area just the Sand ship and Nayru's flame cause once the game's story is out of the way, I can focus on Ghirahim and Link's relationship.

As I exited the temple, I came face to face with the Water Dragon. She looked at my sword on my back and hummed. "Ah, the sword you carry is different since I last saw you. Yes, I see it is much improved.....To think, the goddess's chosen hero is but a mere boy. Quite a twist...." Yeah, it's even more of a twist when the goddess's chosen hero is fallen in love with the enemy that wishes to revive his king and destroy her and everything she's created. "Chosen hero or not, you do not yet possess the strength required to wield the full power of that blade. You must train yourself further! Devote yourself wholly to this task. Farewell, boy." She flew off again and I headed to the sky and headed towards Skyloft. I headed to the Bazaar, upgrading a few things, rearranging my storage a little and heading out.

I headed to the nearest ledge, diving off and calling for Ace before heading in the direction of the Thunderhead. Inside I made a beeline for the Isle of Songs and entering the tower, I walked to the crest and struck it as the goddess statue appeared and Fi spoke, telling me the message of the goddess. "He who seeks the sacred flames, listen well, for I guide you from my place at the edge of time. Two sacred flames remain. Should you desire to possess them, you must obtain the other sacred gifts. For each trial you overcome, you shall be blessed with another gift. Harness the power of these gifts, and let there be no doubt you shall find yourself standing before the majesty of the sacred flames. Now, I give you another melody. It will serve as a key to unlocking your next trial, which awaits you within the shifting sands of Lanayru Desert." I readied my harp as last time and listened to the melody as Fi flew about the room. "The song you just heard is called Nayru's Wisdom. Use this song of knowledge to find the next trial."

The goddess statue lowered again and Fi set the trial gate as a dowsing target as she did last time and I made my way out of the Isle of Songs and the Thunderhead, heading towards the yellow pillar of light. Diving down into Lanayru desert, I descended into the North Desert and Fi told as always to use my dowsing ability to search for the trial gate. I did so and pulled out my harp once I had found the gate, playing the melody of Nayru's Wisdom. As the trial gate revealed itself, I did as before in Faron Woods and thrusted my sword into the centre of the gate and entering the Silent Realm hoping that this would be easier than the first time.

********

Nope! It gets harder, so much harder. Oh, my days! That's called testing my wisdom? At least testing my courage in the woods made sense! My heart is still racing from coming extremely close to waking water whilst pulling a cart forward to climb on to get a tear which I think is really jerkish placement I mean I get it's a test but there's tests and there being an asshole with placements of tears. I sighed heavily as I exited the Silent Realm, the Clawshots being my sacred gift this time around. Fi congratulated me for overcoming the trial and showed what the targets I could reach with my new Clawshots. I explored a little, testing them out in different parts of the desert before I headed back to Skyloft to catch up with things.

I headed to the bazaar and grabbed a stamina potion with objective in mind, I headed to the Knight academy and to Fledge's room. He was still doing his push-ups as I entered the room. "Oh....I'm sweating up a storm. Good evening, Link. I've been training hard ever since we last spoke, but I still feel so sluggish..... Maybe I've just run out of energy. Ah! Link, is that.... Is that a Stamina Potion you're carrying? Do you mind if I have some?" I smiled warmly and gladly handed the bottle to Fledge. "Whoo-hoo! That's the stuff! It's like a refreshing splash of ENERGY! ....Sometimes I worry, though. All this training, and no results! How long do I need to train before I start to get stronger? What do you think, Link? How many push-ups do you think I need to get strong?" I shook my head. "Its not about the numbers." "It's not about numbers? .....Of course! You mean I should just keep at it until I've forgotten how many I've done, right? I guess that makes sense. Now that I know that, I'll definitely start getting stronger!" Come back soon so you can see how I'm getting on!"