Hello and Welcome! :)

Hi!!!!! I am VaquitaLibra and I shall be your author for this story! If you've read any of my other Newsies stories (such as Coma or This Ain't Just Newsies No More (which you are not obligated to read)), welcome to another story! If this is the first story of mine you're reading, welcome to my Newsies fanfiction! Regardless, I hope all of you will love this story very very much! First, I'm gonna say some things before continuing. Feel free to skip this part--except it will be helpful to read the end~I'll say where. Anyway. Enjoy! :)

First off.

I love Newsies. I hope you all do too. Because Newsies is a masterpiece. I've been in the fandom for...what, a year and a season, something like that. I love the story, the characters, the music, everything. It just makes me so HAPPY.

However...

I don't own Newsies. That would be pretty cool, but I don't. And I'm pointing out that Disney owns it so I don't have my story taken down, so there. And all of these characters? I wish I came up with them. But nope. Not mine. Disney.

That brings up my next point...

I will have a couple of major original characters. And I know some of you may be like ugh, really? or is that necessary though? or maybe cool! for all I know. But these original characters help the story move. I hope you like them as much as I do. Besides. Who doesn't want more extra casual queer representation in a story? If you don't like them, they don't appear in the whole thing, so there is that. But I do hope you like them and want more. Maybe after this story ends, come back here and tell me what you think of them, and what you thought of how they played a part in this story.

This is going to be very gay. You're welcome! There's Sprace, Javid, Blush...technically not in any particular order. All will get representation. and a beloved character will go through a sexuality crisis, and we get to walk by them as they find their identity. But anyway, I think we all know at this point that none of the newsies are cishet. So, a bunch of queer everyone is what you'll get! :)

It'll be an omniscient narrator the whole time. Yay!! Something I'm good at!! :)  So basically, that means that the narrative will switch constantly, and will see into the thoughts of pretty much everyone at some point, and there's no one set perspective. I want to get into everyone's head, or at least a few of them.

This is going to have elements from both 92sies and Livesies. I'm better at writing from the 92sies world, so that's going to be the main thing, but when I find the right time I'll incorporate something Livsies-exclusive, or just Livesies themes. For the most part, though, I'll go off of what happened in 92sies. And also the phenotypes of the characters will be 92sies--including how Gabriel Damon as Spot Conlon is just the tiniest bit taller than Max Casella as Racetrack Higgins. 

Don't freaking chew out each other for 92sies vs Livesies. I DON'T want people to hate on the movie or the musical here. Just...state politely if you have a preference. Or no preference. No hate in my comment section, please. I personally have a slightly stronger loyalty to the movie because it was the one I saw first and have seen many times and I connect with the characters more and it's something that everyone threw away in the 90's when it shouldn't have been. So, there's my opinion. Both are good in their respective rights.

Some of this is going to be before the newsies get their nicknames. I'm talking mostly about Kid Blink and Crutchie/Crutchy. By the way, I don't know yet if I'll write Crutchie or Crutchy. I guess we'll just have to see. Anyway. The real Kid Blink's real name was Louis, so that's what it'll be here. The real kid with a crutch that is our favorite cinnamon roll had the real name of Charlie, so that's what he's going to be. And Mush is ... just going to be Mush. This is also going to explain how they get their nicknames (with some of my own reasoning), so look out for that. And of course, Race won't be Race in the beginning, so if you see Antonio, that's who I'm talking about.