29 | We Have Help | July 19, 1899

An iconic line is coming up. You'll understand shortly. Anyway. Enjoy! :)

Here they are, back for more.

Open the gates and seize the day,

Don't be afraid, and don't delay.

Nothing can break us,

No one can make us,

Give our rights away.

Arise and seize the day.

Those words flow through all of their heads as they get ready for more.

They move into formation. They're ready.

Seize the day.

All are ready to make their next move.

A carriage comes by, making them jump up and move apart.

Then, they see a line of people come, carrying newspapers. The very thing that they are trying not to sell.

The two groups stare at each other.

"Alright, everyone, remain calm," David tells all of them. He doesn't want this to escalate too quickly.

Except Jack has other plans.

"Let's soak 'em for Crutchy!" he shouts. 

That gets everyone into action. They start rushing forward. All except for David, who once again has a look of I am done with everyone and everything on his face as he gets pushed by newsies swarming around him. He can't stand still for that long, though. A fight's starting now.

In the moment, things are going great.

Until the gates open. Once they realize who is coming out, then no, things are not going great.

Race may have slower reflexes than the rest of the newsies though. He turns back around after he rushed forward, shouting, "OH! Jack, JACK! Jack, IT'S THE CRIB!" He runs away.

Yes, they are all aware that it's the crib, they all saw that, but no one's going to take the time to say yes, Race, we know because they're too busy trying to duck every blow coming at them and throwing punches back.

There are a lot of newsies. But there's also a lot of people that they're fighting against.

We never should have tried doing this alone.

Can they do this, though? The odds aren't exactly with them.

Luckily, in this gamble, not all the cards to be considered are already on the table.

For those who look up, they'd see figures on the rooftops. Lots of them, popping up every second. 

The Manhattan newsies now have help.

The leader of these roof-top newsies jumps down on one of the balconies, equipped with blue eyes, pink suspenders, and a cane. He declares, loud and clear, "Never fear, Brooklyn is here."

Brooklyn.

Spot.

He came.

"It's Brooklyn!" Mush exclaims first. A lot of people start shouting "Brooklyn!" after him.

The Brooklyn newsies get to work immediately. With their sling shots and perfect aim, they shoot their marbles at the men who mean them harm. That helps with the fighting a lot.