6. Little Shop of Horrors

So here's what you missed on Gleeboot. The New Directions are doing Little Shop of Horrors for the fall musical and Perla wanted Audrey and Lucas wanted Seymour but Elizabeth and Ricky got the parts instead. Good news is losing brought Perla and Lucas together, but it may have also helped Lucas get Lola, too. Dominic is playing Mr. Mushnik but who he really wanted to be was Mia's boyfriend but Mia doesn't seem to want that anymore, which might be good news for Alex. And that's what you missed on - GLEEBOOT!

---------------------------------------------------

[🎶 "Prologue/Little Shop of Horrors" from Little Shop of Horrors. 🎶]

Trumpets blared, drums played, and the curtains opened on the McKinley auditorium as dress rehearsals began. After workshopping the musical for a few weeks, they were only a few days away from opening night. Teddy's pre-recorded voice began the narration.

"On the twenty-first day of the month of September in an early year of a decade not too long before our own," said his voice, "the human race suddenly encountered a deadly threat to its very existence. And this terrifying enemy surfaced, as such enemies often do, in the seemingly most innocent and unlikely of places."

Teddy, Kat, Lola, and Alex, who had opted out of roles in the musical, were all sitting in the back, continuing to paint the set while Floris, Perla and Mia stood on stage in front of their nearly-completed backdrop. 

Floris, Perla, and Mia: Little shop, little shoppa horrors. Little shop, little shoppa terror. Call a cop. Little shoppa horrors. No, oh, oh, no-oh!

The three of them began to dance and shimmy in synchronization.

Floris, Perla, and Mia: Little shop, little shoppa horrors. Bop sh'bop, little shoppa terror. Watch 'em drop! Little shoppa horrors. No, oh, oh, no-oh!

As the others continued vocalizing, Floris stepped forward.

Floris: Shing-a-ling, what a creepy thing to be happening!

"Look out!" they each shouted one after the other.

Floris: Shang-a-lang, feel the sturm and drang in the air. Yeah, yeah. yeah. Sha-la-la, stop right where you are. Don't you move a thing.

Floris rejoined the others as they all sang together and moved in unison again.

Floris, Perla, and Mia (Perla): (You better) You better. Tellin' you, you better. Tell your mama somethin's gonna get her. She better. Ev'rybody better beware!

The three moved in circles, as though they were traveling around a long distance. 

Mia: Come-a, come-a, come-a.

Behind them, Teddy bopped to the beat and watched them instead of doing his crew work. 

Floris, Perla, and Mia: Little shop, little shoppa horrors. Bop sh-bop, you'll never stop. The terror. Little shop, little shoppa horrors.

Alex was struggling to get the plastic off of a new paint brush and Lola was falling asleep. Kat was the only one actually working.

Floris, Perla and Mia: No, oh, oh, no, oh, oh, no, oh, oh, no!

When the song ended, Lola had fully drifted away, and she dropped the box she had been painting to create a set of false stairs with. Luckily, Alex caught it before it could hit Teddy in the back of the head, and the gasp from Kat was enough to wake Lola up.

Despite the small chaos upstage, the performers were unaware of how everything was - quite literally - falling apart around them as they continued on with the musical.