18. New Year's Eve Part 2

It was two hours til midnight. It felt like Lucas's party had gone on for days, but that was what they always said about a Lucas Wood rager. And then when it was over, it would feel like it went in the blink of an eye.

For Mia, those few first hours of the party had been enough for her to get hammered. She had found her way onto the stage.

[🎶 2016's "Hands to Myself" by Selena Gomez. 🎶]

Mia: Can't keep my hands to myself.

Standing in front of a mic stand, she put her hands on her abdomen, lightly caressing herself in a sensual manner.

Mia: No matter how hard I'm trying to. I want you all to myself. You're metaphorical gin and juice.

She had quite an audience, and not surprisingly it was primarily male. Though girls watched her from a distance, all judging her with their friends, the guys were eager to watch the show she was putting on.

Mia: So come on, give me a taste. Of what it's like to be next to you. Won't let one drop go to waste. You're metaphorical gin and juice.

But the only guy who's attention she wanted was not in sight. Unbeknownst to her, Alex was standing just inside the house, watching her from its door. Her raunchy behavior had begun to sober him up and now whatever guilt or pity he felt towards Mia was turning into annoyance and even anger.

Mia: Oh, 'cause all of the downs and the uppers. Keep making love to each other. And I'm trying, trying, I'm trying, trying... All of the downs and the uppers. Keep making love to each other. And I'm trying, trying, I'm trying but I...

But Mia just continued to sing, the tequila circulating throughout her whole being as she danced on stage.

Mia: Can't keep my hands to myself. My hands to myself. Can't keep my hands to myself. My hands to myself.

When she reached the bridge of the song, she had a group of boys standing just off the stage. One of them threw a dollar bill.

Mia: I want it all, no, nothing else. Give me your all and nothing else. 

For a moment Mia froze, staring at the boys who were now laughing at her expense. 

Mia: Oh, I, I want it all... I want it all... I want it all, ooh... Can't keep my hands to myself-

But she wasn't going to let it affect her. She crouched down to the floor and collected the dollar.

Mia: I mean, I could, but why would I want to?

At the sight of this, the guys went feral. They started cheering her on, practically drooling for her at the end of the stage. 

Mia: My hands to myself. Can't keep my hands to myself. My hands to myself. Can't keep, keep my hands to myself.

Mia lifted herself back up and returned to the mic stand.

Mia: I want it all, no, nothing else. Can't keep my hands to myself. Give me your all and nothing else. Can't keep my hands to myself.

Having seen the whole thing, Alex felt like it was time to be done with the show himself. He walked off into the house, done with Mia and her antics.

***

Kat was playing around with the grass by her feet, finding that it was a little wet from the snow that was almost forming, but not quite. She was joined in her musings by Floris and Teddy, who flopped down on the ground in shared exhaustion.

"Hey guys," Kat greeted them merrily.

"Hey girl!" Floris exclaimed. He let out a heavy sigh and added, "Man... I think I've drank enough to last a lifetime. I never want to drink again."