10. Thanksgiving Break

So here's what you missed on Gleeboot if you decided to jump in at a random chapter or have been waiting months for an update. The New Directions are full of new members this year and it's caused some tension in the group. Dominic and Mia were the "It" couple until her ex-boyfriend Alex joined and got in between them. Her friend Perla is sexy and mean and she's been using that to be with Lucas, even though Elizabeth and Lola like him, too. Lola hasn't realized that Ricky likes her because she's been too busy with gymnastics and cheerleading. And Sam has been busy trying to get the New Directions to win Sectionals and Santana to like his new girlfriend Gwen. At least the first part came true. And that's what you missed on - GLEE(BOOT)!

------------------------------------------------------------

With another Sectionals win under her belt, Mia had gone onto Fall Break with an increased confidence and overall mood boost. The football team was killing it, glee club was killing it, the Cheerios were... mostly killing it... but best of all, she was on holiday and finally got to stop thinking about all of that, at least through Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately for her, her mother wasn't so great at the 'killing it' thing. Or maybe she was so great that she had spread herself out too thin. Regardless, Leslie had been so busy winning at work that she had failed at one thing this week - securing the ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner.

As a vegan, Mia didn't particularly care about turkey, but a meal was still a meal. And when, upon waking up the morning before the holiday, she'd discovered their fridge was empty, she didn't hesitate to scold her mother. 

"Claudia will take care of it," Leslie had said nonchalantly as she flipped through a magazine.

"Mother," Mia responded in frustration. "Claudia is visiting her family in Puerto Rico. We have to take care of it."

And now the two of them were walking through the local Sam's Club, collecting vegetable cans in bulk. Once upon a time, before marrying Mia's father, Leslie had known a thing or two about cooking. But judging by the way she was staring at canned corn, Mia knew she hadn't touched a cookbook since.

Distracted as she tried to look up a Thanksgiving on her phone, Mia pushed the cart with her free hand and shoved it right into another one. "Mia?" said a familiar voice.

Halfway through an apology, she glanced up to find Floris pushing the other cart, which was packed with food and snacks. "Floris, hey," Mia said, surprised. Behind him, an older, regal woman stood with her hair pinned up and a ripped sheet of notebook paper in her hand. Upon seeing Mia, her eyes lit up.

"You're the other urchin girl," said the woman.

Mia looked at her funny, then remembered her role in the fall musical. "Oh," she said. "Yeah. Yeah, that's me. You must be Floris's..?"

"Mother," Floris said, laughing awkwardly. "I know. How can a goddess like her have birthed me? People say so all the time."

"Nonsense, you look so much alike," said Mia. "I just didn't want to assume. It's lovely to meet you. I'm Mia."

"Barb," said Floris's woman, reaching over to shake her hand. Seconds later, they were met by Leslie, who seemed alarmed by present company. 

"Oh," she said, just as Mia had. "Hi."

She smiled and Barb said, "I'm sorry for the ambush. I'm Floris's mom, Barb. Are you Mia's sister?"

"Mia's sister," Leslie laughed, flattered. "No, that's lovely to hear, but no. I'm her mother. Leslie."

"You look so young, wow," said Barb, raising her brow in genuine amazement. "Well, it's very nice to meet you Leslie. Actually, I think I saw you a few weeks ago at the PTA meeting."

Gleeboot (Season 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें