13. Wrapped Part 2

[🎶"Slide" by Calvin Harris featuring Frank Ocean.🎶]

When Kat walked into the McKinley gym, Ricky stood beside her, and it was the first time she could remember arriving to a school event with someone other than Elizabeth.

On stage, Dominic was starting his solo. Kat watched him for just a moment, after which she turned to Ricky and caught him watching her. "Sorry," she began as he said, "You look great." They both cut themselves short to let the other speak, but both sentiments turned out to be curt.

Dominic: Do you slide on all your nights like this? Do you try on all your nights like this? I might put some spotlight on the side... Whatever comes, comes through clear...

"Thanks," Kat responded awkwardly. "You don't look too bad yourself." She looked back up at Dominic, and following another uncomfortable silence between her and Ricky, she said, "Wanna dance?"

Ricky's eyes went a little wide. "I can attempt something like dancing," he told her. Without hesitation, Kat led the way to the dance floor. As they moved away from the door, Mia walked through it, alone.

Dominic: Do you slide on all your nights like this? Do you try on all your nights like this? I might put some spotlight on the side. And whatever comes, comes through clear.

She took a look around at the winter-themed decorations, which she had spent the afternoon decorating with the rest of the dance committee before going home to get ready. Everything was white and light blue, snow and ice. When she was done taking it all in, she found that Alex had spotted her and was approaching slowly, wearing a handsome tuxedo that made him look like a movie star.

"Wow," he said, drinking her in. "This dance looks incredible, baby. And so do you." He kissed her lightly on the cheek and she blushed.

Dominic: All this jewelry ain't no use when it's this dark. It's my favorite part. We see the lights, they got so far.

"Thank you," she told him, though open noting Dominic on stage she pulled away from him, her expression falling a little.

Dominic: It went too fast, we couldn't reach it with our arms. Wrist on a wrist, a link of charms. Yeah.

Dominic was looking right at her, suddenly looking angry as he watched them together. "He'll get over it," Alex said, drawing her attention back to him. "Mia, this night is not going to be about him. Just the two of us."

"Just the two of us," Mia agreed.

Dominic: Laying, we're still a link apart. It's like we could die here all young. Like we could dye hair all blonde. If we could see in twenty twin. Twice we could see it 'til the end.

However, just a second later they were interrupted by a freshman on the dance committee, who stepped up to Mia and said, "We have an emergency. There's no ice."

Dominic: Do you slide on all your nights like this? Do you try on all your nights like this? I might put some spotlight on the slide, ooh, yeah.

"Ugh," Mia rolled her eyes. "You people can't do anything without me." To Alex, she said, "I'm sorry, babe, but I gotta go handle this. I'll catch up later, k?" She gave his hand a quick squeeze and then took off with the freshman, as Alex tried to say something to stop her. But she was already gone.

Dominic: Whatever comes, comes through clear. Do you slide on all your nights like this? Do you try on all your nights like this? Put some spotlight on the side. And whatever comes, comes through clear.

Alex looked up on the stage, left all alone to watch his former rival finish his song.

Dominic: I might empty my bank account. And buy that "Boy with a Pipe." Buy that "Boy with a Pipe" (Come on, yeah.) (Do you slide on all your nights like this?) Buy that "Boy with a Pipe." I might.