11. In The Air

So here's what you missed on Gleeboot. The New Directions won Sectionals, barely, even though Dominic didn't show up for his duet with Mia but it was okay because Alex did and then they got back together over Thanksgiving Break. Sam also got together with new teacher Gwen and he's like super into her. Speaking of, it's clear that Floris is super into Teddy but the only thing Teddy seems to be into is running. And Elizabeth is poor and Ricky is not and he made her feel bad but now they're kinda friends but not as good friends as he is with Lola who he's totally in love with. Mona and Kat might also be friends even though Mona's best friend Perla hates Kat but it's a good thing she's busy and distracted with Lucas. And that's what you missed on - GLEEBOOT!

---------------------------------------

[🎶"Any Kind Of Guy" by Big Time Rush.🎶]

Sam: Here I am. There you are. Why does it seem so far. Next to you is where I should be (where I wanna be).

As school resumed following Fall Break, McKinley was back to normal, which meant Sam Evans could be seen in the halls as he sang from his office door. Down the hall, Gwen was talking to fellow staff members, so full of life. He hadn't seen her in two days and it felt like an eternity.

Sam: Something I want so bad. Know what's inside your head. Maybe I could see what you see (tell me what you see).

Around the corner, Lucas was arriving at school. As per usual, several girls, including some of the prettiest most popular Cheerios, watched him as he walked by, but he had only one girl on his mind. And he spotted her, Perla, at her locker. Her eyes lit up as he approached.

Lucas: Gotta keep on believing. That everything takes time. I'll make up any reason. To make you mine. If you're staying or leaving. I'll follow your lead. So why keep pretending? Open your eyes. I can be what you need.

Not long after, the New Directions gathered in the choir room, where Sam and Lucas were joined by Alex and Ricky for a performance nobody else had been expecting. The others sat around the chairs, watching excitedly as the guys put on a show.

Sam, Lucas, Alex, and Ricky (Ricky): Any kind of guy you want, girl. That's the guy I'll be. Turn myself upside down (yes I will, yes I will). Any kind of guy you want, girl. You know I'll agree. Turn your whole world around (yes I will, yes I will).

While Sam and Lucas danced, Alex couldn't take his eyes off Mia. They hadn't made their new relationship public yet, but he couldn't wait.

Alex and Ricky: Any kind, any kind. Any kind of guy you want. You decide. Change your mind. I will be there.

Beside him, Ricky was goofily keeping along. When he'd been asked to join this comeback performance, he was so sure he'd be singing it to Lola. But after break, he had to admit there was a new girl on his mind. He snuck a glance over at Elizabeth and was pleasantly surprised to find that she was watching him.

Alex and Ricky: Won't you try. One more time. Be my any kind of girl. You decide. It's alright. I will be there.

As Alex sang in Mia's direction and she smiled back at him, Dominic caught the exchange. He wonder... It couldn't be. Not this quickly.

Alex: Let me know if I'm getting through.

Perla made no attempt at hiding the giggly glances between her and Lucas. Things between them felt different now. Like no Lola or Elizabeth could get in the way now.

Lucas: Making you understand.

Not that Lola or Elizabeth were paying attention to him at all as Ricky and Alex bounced back between verses.