Chapter 1

On the night of May 20th, 1995, Hades, the Greek God of the Underworld (disguised in his human form), started walking towards the home of Tony Stark, holding his newborn daughter wrapped in a blanket. As he was walking towards the steps, he kept rethinking his decision...was it a good idea, leaving his daughter to be raised by someone else, to be protected by one of the most well-known people on Earth? He originally wanted to leave his child on Asgard with Odin and his wife Frigga, but he was told by the Fates that Odin would have easily turned over his daughter to his brother Zeus, since the Asgardians are allied with the Olympians. If Zeus ever found out about the child, he would either have her killed or get her sent to the depths of Tartarus. The possibility of either of those scenarios happening to his little girl frightened him. Hades asked the Fates what he should do; His brother and the other Olympians cannot know about the child, especially since they'll be coming after him for his crimes against them. She needed to be protected from his mistakes, knowing that the Olympians were not the only ones out there who were a threat to her. The Fates instructed him to leave her with Tony Stark. Hades wasn't sure about this because he already knew what Tony was like, and he didn't think the mortal would be a suitable person to take care of his baby. However, the Fates informed him that his daughter will be well-brought-up and that she will be safe. But there was one thing they didn't tell him regarding his daughter's future; that she will meet a certain person, who was known to cause mischief.

Before ringing the doorbell, he slips two notes into his daughter's blanket, one for her and one for Tony. He says his final goodbyes while she's asleep. He whispers to her, "Hey sweetness, I want you to know that Daddy loves you. You'll be safe and loved, and I want you to know that even when I'm not around, I'll always be watching over you. I promise no harm will ever come to you. Your new daddy will keep you safe." 

Hades continues, but in Greek: «Σ' αγαπώ Ελπίδα και ίσως μια μέρα να ξανασυναντηθούμε (I love you Hope, and maybe one day we will meet again). He kisses her on the forehead before laying her on the ground. A few tears slip from his eyes but he quickly wipes them off, reminding himself that this was for the best. He then rings the doorbell 3 times before walking away into the darkness; while reminding himself not to turn around, for Hope's safety.

(Tony's Pov)

I was looking through the paperwork that I received earlier today from Stark Industries and to be honest, I wasn't even reading it. I had a lot of things going on my mind and I'm probably just going to have Pepper read through this for me tomorrow. I called Rhodes earlier to see how he was doing, and as usual, he was still settling things back at the military base. I was just about to head to bed when I heard the doorbell ring 3 times. I was so confused because I thought I would have gotten a notice if someone came to see me, since I have security at the gates.

"Jarvis who is that," I ask my A.l. system.

"I'm not quite sure sir. The man is hiding his face pretty well but it seems he's leaving something on your doorstep."

I carefully start walking towards the door, trying to be cautious in case of any threat that might come in my way. As I was opening the door, I heard a little cry from the ground. I was so shocked by what I found.

A baby.  A small baby girl lying on the ground in front of me, wrapped in a blanket. I carefully lifted the child and then looked around to see if anyone was still outside of my home but, there was not a single person in sight. I walked back inside and went to the living room and sat on the couch. I was so confused because this baby appeared out of nowhere. 

 "Jarvis, where did he go?" I asked.

"Sir, he seemed to have disappeared after leaving the child."

This was not normal. Somehow this person got past my security, left a baby at my front door, and then disappeared in a second. But I decided to think more about that later because I needed to see if she was okay, So I quickly gathered some of my medical tech and got to work. I scanned her for everything and when I looked at the results, I froze in silence.