Chapter 23

(3rd Point of View)

After spending a few minutes in each other's arms, Hope pulls away from Loki but not entirely as she looks up at him to say, "Thank you Loki, for being here with me. Though you could've gotten hurt, at least we were both able to get some peace."

Loki softly smiles at her as he replies, "No need to thank me, I would've done anything to make sure you were okay. Just like you once did for me before I...I"

He pauses, widening his eyes as he remembers a terrible memory. He takes a deep breath as he mumbles his words "Before I disappeared."

Hope noticed his sudden mood change and quickly understood what was going on. But doesn't say anything as she slowly pulls him in for another hug.

He quickly accepts it as he holds her tightly while hiding his face into her soft hair; seeking comfort from her again. She rubs his back and utters softly, "You're okay Loki, you're safe, you are safe, I won't let anyone hurt you again."

Loki sighs in relief as he softly kisses her hair, careful not to make her notice; Mentally thanking her. But before he could say anything, Hope lets a small yawn, which made him chuckle a bit, thinking it was cute.

"It's getting late, Darling. Come on, I'll accompany you back to your room" He said as he pulled away from her completely.

As much as Hope didn't want the night to end, she knew he was right; so she reluctantly turned around as they headed back inside the stairwell, unaware that the person who'd previously watched over them disappeared.

Once they reach Hope's room door, the girl enters her room before turning her direction to the Trickster, thanking him once again before asking. "Will I see you in my dreams tonight?"

He chuckles a bit before replying with a smile "We shall see darling, we shall see,"

(Tony's Pov)

"No."

"Oh come on Bruce, it's a great idea," I said to him while we were talking in the lab.

Things were getting worse since the altercation between Hope and Clint, and it's affecting almost everyone. Now Hope's powers were getting out of control and the tension in the tower isn't helping her.

Steve and Natasha suggested we do something before things get out of hand. But I told them it wasn't easy cause I'd been trying to help Hope with her powers for years. I've tried different methods but none of them seem to work. Therapy was out of the question, and the tech bracelets I've made don't help anymore, since she always manages to break them each time; no matter how much I upgrade them. Now I'm trying to convince Bruce to train her; since he has more experience with this stuff.

"No Tony, I can't do that. It's not gonna work" Bruce said as he brushed past me to get to his workspace, I follow him as I continue.

"Come on Bruce, think about it. You have more experience with this stuff than anybody else. So you would be the perfect candidate to help her."

Bruce removes his glasses as he turns to me, "Tony, do you know what you're asking me to do? That's like putting an atomic bomb in an active volcano. I mean, how can I help her when I can't even help myself with the other guy."

"Because of a few things, One, Hope doesn't have an alter ego, Two, you both can benefit from your inability to contain your powers when you are angry, and three, this could ease everyone in the tower. If you're still uncomfortable, then we can have one of us be in the room with you guys, to straighten one of you out if things get out of hand. Think about it."