Chapter 24

(Hope's Pov)

My surroundings were blurry, and I couldn't see a thing. I felt cold, very cold, so I let out a cry. As soon as I did I was put on top of something warm, then I felt a warm blanket cover me as two arms held me close to someone's chest. A woman's chest.

Her heartbeat was faint, getting slower by the minute. I wondered what was wrong with her, but then I heard her voice, it was gentle, telling me it was okay. I recognized her voice, I didn't know how but I just knew her voice, and it made me feel safe.

I felt her gently kiss my forehead, calming me down as other voices spoke around us, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. But then when I heard the woman speak to a man, whose voice I also recognized, they both sounded sad, but I couldn't understand why, so I cried again, and within seconds the woman starts singing to me. It was breathy but beautiful. It was soothing me to sleep so I only caught a few words to the song.

As the stars start to align

I hope you take it as a sign

That you'll be okay

Everything will be okay

As the woman continued to sing, her voice became weaker, but before she could finish, my eyes shut on their own. Then the scene changed, I didn't know what was happening around me but didn't care because I felt warm and safe in the man's arms. The woman was gone, I hope to be in her arms again. A little time passed and then the man began speaking to me. I was sleepy so I couldn't make out most of his words, until he said something in a weird language.

«Σ' αγαπώ Ελπίδα και ίσως μια μέρα να ξανασυναντηθούμε" Then he kissed my forehead before setting me on the ground. Before anything else could happen, I heard Jarvis's voice calling out to me.

"Ms. Stark?"

I opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings as my A.I.'s loud voice kept calling me. "Ms. Stark, it's time to get up."

"Alright, Jarvis, alright, I'm up I'm up" I snapped at him while sitting up on my bed, rubbing my face. " Damn, I didn't ask you to be my alarm clock."

"I apologize Ms. Stark, but your father was quite insistent on getting you up for your session with Dr. Banner," Jarvis replied.

Last night after my time with Loki, Bruce had Jarvis let me know we were starting our session tomorrow at noon. And that's today.

"Okay, but Jarvis it's still early. I have plenty of time before training."

"Actually, it's 11:30 am." Jarvis corrected me.

"What?!" I questioned as I quickly grabbed my phone to check the time. Now it's 11:31 am.

"Oh shit, I slept in," I exclaimed before jumping out of bed to rush into my personal bathroom. Usually, I would wake up between 7 to 9 am but this was different. Since I never woke up this late before. Hopefully, it's nothing to worry about later on. As I took the time to get ready, I kept thinking about my dream. I wondered if I was in one of Loki's memories, but I didn't see him in the dream so I crossed the idea out. But the weird thing is, there were 2 strangers in the dream but I somehow recognized their voices. I knew for sure it wasn't Dad and Pepper so who the hell were they? And how can I remember two people who I've never met but still can recognize the sound of their voices? It doesn't make any sense. The woman's song was stuck in my head, along with the weird language the man said to me. What the hell did it mean?

I'll probably ask Pepper about it or maybe Loki. That is if he saw the dream. The dream connection comes and goes so I wouldn't know for certain if he saw it. But it can't hurt to ask.