Chapter 7

(Hope's Pov)

We walk alongside Coulson as well as a few other agents; heading towards the parking lot so that we could leave to arrest Obadiah.

Pepper was already on the phone with Rhodey, informing him of what was going on. We were both worried about dad because he wasn't answering his phone. All I wanted to do right now was to be with him so that I can make sure that he was okay. I was scared for him.

When we arrived at the parking lot, I suddenly felt a huge amount of pain coming from my chest as I gasped.

I leaned my body against the wall as I started to lose my balance. Pepper stops talking on the phone as she notices what was going on with me. The pain in my chest starts to increase as she and Coulson rush towards me.

"Hope, What's wrong?" Pepper asks with a worried look on her face

I couldn't respond as I was having a hard time breathing. What the hell is going on with me?

"Hope can you hear us?," Coulson asks as he tries to get my attention; noticing that I wasn't responding

And suddenly the pain stops. 

I began to wonder what was going on with me until I realized something.

Something was wrong with dad.

My eyes began to water as I quickly stood up straight before turning to Pepper.

"Something is wrong," I said to Pepper as I started to panic.

"What do you mean Hope" Pepper ask nervously

I placed both of my hands on her shoulders as I raised my voice "I mean something is wrong with dad, Pepper!." I was panicking. Fearing for my dad's life

"Wait, did you say dad?" Coulson asks, wondering what the hell was going on with me.

I let go of Pepper as I turned to Coulson to explain. "Long story short, my dad is Tony Stark and I have these powers that are letting me know that something is wrong with him and we have to get to him now!

"We can't get to Mr. Stark right now, we have to go and arrest Obadiah," Coulson said calmly as he and Pepper were trying to get me to relax.

"No, no, you don't understand we have to get to him now before it's too late!!" I yelled as more of my tears kept flowing down my cheeks.

"Hope, you have to calm down,"

I turn myself to face Pepper again "I don't want to lose my dad again Pepper," I cried. "I can't"

Pepper puts an arm around me for comfort as she's leading me to the car. She motions Coulson and the other agents to prepare as we leave.

She lifts her phone close to her ear and asks "Rhodey could you please go there and make sure everything's okay?....Thank you." she thanks him as we both get into the car.

She gave the agents directions as she continued to hold me. 

As we drove, Pepper kept reassuring me that my dad was going to be okay; knowing what I was going through. I could tell that she was just as worried as I was.

I just pray to God that nothing happens to him.

(Rhodey's Pov)

I rushed into the house, calling for Tony as I was looking for him. When I heard my niece telling Pepper that something was wrong with Tony, I believed her. One of her powers was like a warning signal. Letting her know if there was any danger around her or the people she cared about. There are times where I have wondered how deep could her powers go, how would it affect her, and will it change her?.