Chapter 11

(Tony's Pov)

I've been in the waiting room all night. Waiting for any news to see if my daughter was alright. But nothing. I haven't heard anything back from the doctor and this was making me more worried about Hope. And making less focus on the headache I was having from being hungover

When I arrived at S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters, Coulson was the first person I saw at the entrance. He was startled when I arrived in the suit but when he saw my unconscious daughter in my arms, he knew I wouldn't be here unless it was for her. He helped me get her into the medical room where the staff took her and placed her on one of the beds. One of the nurses ordered me to stay outside, saying that they needed to help her without any distractions. So I waited.

Due to Coulson's orders, I had to take off the suit. Since they saw what happened at the mansion, they wanted to make sure that I wasn't a threat to them, so I willingly complied. I was more concerned for my daughter's life than to worry about a suit.

This was all my fault.

Years ago, I swore to myself that I would protect Hope from any harm. But I caused her to get hurt. She was in that room because of me. None of this would've happened if I hadn't gotten drunk. And then Rhodey wouldn't be forced to intervene. All because of my upcoming death, knowing that I was going to leave my only child alone. Without a father. She didn't deserve that. Hope doesn't deserve a father who was reckless and careless with his life.

If she dies because of me. Then at least I knew that I would be joining her soon. Knowing that I failed as a father.

My train of thought gets interrupted when one of the doctors enters the room. She turns to face me. "Mr. Stark?".

I gave her my full attention as I quickly stood up to properly face her.

"Is she alright?" I asked nervously, praying that this doctor will give me some good news.

She replied calmly "Your daughters gonna be fine Mr. Stark, we were able to get her heart rate back to normal and to keep her body stabilized. We had put her into an induced coma so that she can be completely healed from the damages she had endured. She should be awake in two days at least, maybe sooner depending on her healing abilities."

I sighed in relief. I was finally able to relax, knowing that my kid was gonna be okay.

"She's very lucky, Mr. Stark. But it does leave me wondering how she could still be alive. No one would survive a blast like that, especially from direct contact"

I was just thinking the same thing. Hope took in so much power from the repulsors that it created an explosion. She's never done anything like this before. I wondered if this was one of her powers developing. Or maybe it could be something more.

I decided to think about that later as I only wanted to see my daughter at this very moment.

"I wanna see her," I said as I tried to enter the room but the doctor blocked my way.

"I'm sorry sir but you are not authorized to be in that room"

"And why the hell not," I asked in anger. Wondering why I was being prevented from seeing my own daughter.

I kept glaring at the doctor as I heard her response. "Unfortunately sir, I cannot respond to that question. I'm just following the orders I've been given."

"Whose orders?" 

She was about to respond but got interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Mine"

I quickly turn to my right to see Fury; standing in the middle of the hallway. I walk towards him at a fast pace. "You have no right to keep me from seeing my kid." I snapped as I stopped in front of him.