Chapter 2

(3rd point of view)

Almost a year later

Ever since Tony adopted Hope, he felt like he was the happiest person in the world. The day after she was left on his doorstep, he immediately got all the adoption papers signed and presented them to the court so he could legally adopt her. It took him many months but luckily the court granted Tony full custody of her. He told the judge that the hearing should be kept a secret and that Hope is to remain hidden from the public; he didn't want the press to know about his daughter, since he didn't want her to be affected by the publicity. The only people who knew about Hope were Rhodey, Happy, and Pepper.

Each of them questioned Tony on where Hope came from and he explained the whole situation to them. He made each of them swear on their lives that they will never tell anyone about Hope and to never tell her she was adopted. He wanted to be the one to tell her himself when she got older. They all agreed and gladly accepted Hope as part of Tony's family. Tony asked Happy if he would be Hope's godfather which he accepted of course.

Tony also talked to Happy about having extra security for his daughter because if the public were to ever find out about her, he didn't want her to be targeted by people who could threaten to hurt or kidnap her. Happy swore to Tony that he would protect his goddaughter with his life.

As for Pepper, she helped Tony to get some baby supplies, to get the extra room set up, and made sure the baby got everything she needed. 

Tony temporarily gave up partying to become a full-time dad but still worked from home; he wanted to make sure that Hope was gonna be well taken care of. 

Throughout the year he made sure she was well fed, getting bathed, getting her changed whenever she needed it, and made sure that she slept well. Most of all, he made sure she received all of the love and attention from everyone around her. He didn't want her to feel neglected like he was from his father. When he needed to leave somewhere, he would leave Hope with Happy or Pepper but would always make sure that he got done with all of his errands so he could quickly get home to his little princess. Tony loved Hope so much that he treated her as if she was his actual child. He tried to forget the fact she was adopted but he kept getting reminded of it because of certain things that kept happening around her.

Hope was not a normal baby, which made her stand out more, and that wasn't always a good thing. The reason for those things was because he couldn't take her to a normal doctor. When Tony first checked Hope through his medical tech, not only was he able to find out that she was a day old and healthy but, he was also able to find out that she wasn't human. This made sense to him because he remembered what that note said, that she would have special gifts, like when he noticed her eyes glowed when she was looking up at him but the thing is, he didn't think the reason why she would have those so-called gifts was because of what she was. If Tony took Hope to the doctors and if they found out she wasn't human, they would have called some private government agency, have her get taken away from him, and then she would have been experimented on. The thought of him losing his little girl or something worse happening to her scared him more than anything. She was the best thing that's ever happened to him and he wasn't going to let anyone take her away from him. So that's why whenever Hope got sick or when he needed to check on her health, He would check her himself with his medical tech.

Whenever Happy would watch over Hope, she would always love to be around him and whenever he held her, she would either fall asleep on him or would start smiling and laughing at him.

Pepper took the role of being a mother figure to Hope, which Tony appreciated even though she didn't have to. Whenever Pepper was working as Tony's assistant, she would always try to make time for Hope and would help Tony with her whenever she could.