Chapter 10

(This is what Hope's wearing in this scene)

The very next day, my dad and I decided that we go pay a little visit to our "dear friend". My dad didn't want me to come at first but I was too stubborn to listen. I wasn't gonna let him go talk to that criminal alone.

We were both heading to his cell as the officer was informing us in french; that they ran some fingerprints but they didn't get anything back. They also informed us that they couldn't get a name from him. He hasn't spoken since his arrest.

We were at the entrance to his cell when dad told the officers to give us five minutes alone with him.  After entering his cell, the officers locked the door from behind us.

The man was sitting on the bench with his back facing us. He was only wearing an underwear, which allowed us to see his tattoos all over his back.

We both walk towards him as my dad decides to start the conversation.

"Pretty decent tech. Cycles per second were very low"

We both approach the right side of him as my dad continues to inform him how he could improve his tech. Since he wasn't gonna get out.

My dad takes a seat next to him as I continue to stand. Trying to be prepared if he tries to do anything.

My dad tries to ask him why didn't he just sell the tech instead of trying to kill him. We were both assuming that he was poor and that he could have made a pretty decent amount of money.

The guy speaks with a Russian accent "You both come from a family of thieves and butchers. And now, like all guilty people, you try to rewrite your own history. And you both forget all the lives the Stark family has destroyed."

I scoffed "Speak for yourself, you're the one that's guilty here. I'm not the one who killed some innocent people at the racetrack just to get to one man."

"And speaking of thieves, where did you get this design?" My dad interrupts.

The guy looks at both of us before replying "My father, Anton Vanko."

"Well, I never heard of him, have you Hope?" my dad asked but I stayed silent. Noticing the sadness in his eyes when he mentioned his father.

As the guy turned to look at me, I took a chance to look into his soul.

I found out that his name was Ivan Vanko. His father used to work with my grandfather. Anton Vanko and Howard Stark were the ones that made the first Arc Reactor. Apparently, my grandfather got Anton deported; he and his son Ivan were left in poverty.

In his memory, his father apologized to him for not having him be in my dad's position, since that was all taken away from them. I understood their native language because when I read people's souls, I absorbed their language which allows me to understand and communicate with them. After his father's death, I felt Ivan's sadness and rage as he let out a scream with mournful rage. Internally making a vow to take revenge on Tony Stark. I brought myself back to reality as Ivan looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. I'm pretty sure he saw my eyes glow when I went through his soul.